Catcher advice - Navarro or Saltalamacchia?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
msu89spartan

Catcher advice - Navarro or Saltalamacchia?

#1 Post by msu89spartan »

I currently have Navarro at catcher. Should I be patient with him or pick up Salty?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Catcher advice - Navarro or Saltalamacchia?

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Salty is one one of those players who looks better in the theoretical than in the practical. He's always mentioned in the hope that he'll actually do something. Right now, think of him as Dallas Mc Pherson. Now, that is not to say keeping Navarro is a good idea - I'm not a big Navarro fan - but given the two, I'd wait on Navarro a bit longer ... especially if the Rays start to heat up as a team.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

BudSeligIsMyHero
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: Points leagues, H2H 5x5 roto, 5x5 roto

Re: Catcher advice - Navarro or Saltalamacchia?

#3 Post by BudSeligIsMyHero »

It depends on what you need. In head to head leagues, that what it is all about. Saltalamacchia will end the year with more hr's, a lower avg and less ab's. I like his home park, it is kind of hard to pass up. But from a qucik look at your team, it looks like you could use a home run hitter. But what's the point if his extra homers won't help you win week to week? Will it be enough to make a difference? Or are you better off keeping the higher average guy?
12 Team H2H Roto (Keep 6 - bold):
C: Vogt, Molina 1B: Rizzo 2B: Kipnis SS: Reyes, Crawford 3B: Rendon(DL), Donaldson OF: Springer, Cespedes, Reddick, Fowler, Either, Granderson
SP: Harvey, Fernandez(DL), S. Miller, Burnett, Salazar, McCullers, Chavez, Cain, Chen RP: Holland, Boxberger, Soria, Rodriquez