Frasor or Aardsma?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Trav The Ump

Frasor or Aardsma?

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

So I drafted Brandon Lyon about a day before they anointed Fernando Rodney closer and now have ZERO saves thus far through the year, the A's finally sent down Gallagher so I can reserve him and would like to vulture some saves in the meantime if possible.

So those two are the obvious ones...other options may include...

Okajima, CJ Wilson, or maybe being sneaky and grabbing Isringhausen on the spec play. I could IR Izzy next week for another transaction fee.

Thoughts?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Frasor or Aardsma?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I suspect Frasor is still behind Downs so it is really a dart throw.

Is Cruz in KC available? There is some concern Soria might be out longer than the weekend.

At some point, you have to ask yourself "how many saves do I need to get points in the category", and decide if chasing them impacts the other categories - especially if you have none.

Sometimes adding 10 onto 45 gets you 3 or 4 points.

But adding 10 onto 0 may get you 1 point.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Hey Todd,

Just updated my sig as I realized I hadn't fixed it since a trade adding Aaron Hill, Cruz is gone, Farnsworth is free. Its a fairly competitive league so plays like that aren't an option. I currently am only running out five starters but thats more out of fear of my ERA and WHIP than anything. As it stands currently, 2 saves gets me 4.5 pts.

Alternatively the starter pool is a putrid mess of...

David Purcey, Scott Richmond, Carl Pavano, Brian Bannister. I won't list the other flotsam and jetsam I would never consider rostering.

I'm thinking if I can get to 13-15 saves on the year that might be worth about 3-4 pts looking at the current rosters.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Before you commit to Aardsma, keep the name Chad Cordero in mind as an addition to that mix in Seattle. DO NOT GO THE FARNSWORTH ROUTE! That is, unless your affairs are already in order. In that case, feel free. :D :D :D

In the case you put up, Frasor is the best bad choice.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Hambowen

#5 Post by Hambowen »

I would go with Frasor especially for next week. Toronto has 7 games next week against kc and balt. So lots of potential saves and you may get a back to back night situation where Frasor is called upon to close out a game with Downs resting.

Trav The Ump

#6 Post by Trav The Ump »

Cordero was drafted Kid, this ain't no Yahoo league. Lol. Looks like I'll take Frasor and start posting Downs to the rotation rumors on the Blue Jays forum pages...

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Any chance Andrew Bailey is available? I wrote him up this week on the FAAB piece posted on the front page. He's not in the immediate plans for saves, but his peripherals look pretty good.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#8 Post by Trav The Ump »

Nope, he's gone too. :lol:

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Trav The Ump wrote:Cordero was drafted Kid, this ain't no Yahoo league. Lol. Looks like I'll take Frasor and start posting Downs to the rotation rumors on the Blue Jays forum pages...
Didn't think he would be, Trav. It was said in more of an advisory tone, that Aardsma may also have to fight off Cordero as well should Morrow falter - one more reason not to favor Aardsma.

Just for shiggles ... My AL only league - in the Ultra portion? 1st round? La Porta. 2nd Round? Cortdero.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams