NFBC Slow Draft - How did I do?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

NFBC Slow Draft - How did I do?

#1 Post by Black Sox »

This was my first slow draft and first time playing in the NFBC. I under estimated how fast pitching would go but I feel like I did good enough to mix and match as the season goes along. Guess we'll see. Any comments greatly appreciated

C Vogt, S. Perez, S. Joseph, C. Kratz, E O'Brien, P.
1B Abreu, J. Loney, J. PArmalee, C
2B Gyorko, J. Olivera, H. Semien, M.
SS Desmond, I. Escobar, Y.
3B Longoria, E. Machado, M.
OF Puig, Y. Betts, M. Tomas, Y. Ethier, A. Joyce, M. Bourjos, P. Brown, D. Hamilton, B.
UTL Montero, J

Pitchers
Miley, W.
Lackey, J.
Peavy, J.
Owens, H.
Petit, Y.
Diekman, J.
Martinez, N.
Fister, D.
Webster, A.
McHugh, C.
Mujica, E.
Buchholz, C.
Nova, I.
Ross, T.
Storen, D.
Uehara, K.
Tazawa, J.
Hochevar, L.
Warren, A.
Eovaldi, N.
Weaver, J.
Graveman, K.
Dunn, M.
Moore, M.
Delgado, R.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: NFBC Slow Draft - How did I do?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Honestly? You're not going to like this....

To mix and match you still need a solid foundation - which you don't have. I just don't see how the staff can compete.

I prefer more bats -- depth is short since you took a couple shots on players that may not see a single at bat this year and only took 24 hitters.

These are as much about attrition so anything can happen. I just don't like the construct nor darts at Olivera and Owens.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#3 Post by Black Sox »

Respect your opinion Todd hopefully your wrong. I do agree my SP base is weak. My plan is to pick my spots with my 4/5 SP and start RP when they have poor matchups. I just need to make sure I watch my total innings. As for my hitting if it stays healthy I like it a lot when I look around at some of the other teams it's def in the top 5. I really like a few of the darts I threw at H Olivera I think once he signs he'll start and will be great depth. H Owens was a 3rd to last pick I don't expect much. I preferred to grab 4/5 SP at the end to help me mix and match. Thanks again for the comment hopefully your wrong lol
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

For the first two weeks (until Vogt gets 10 games behind the plate) you have only one starting catcher - yes Caleb Joseph might be playable if Wieters can't catch immediately.

The rest of your hitting should be fine especially IF Tomas a) hits and b) plays 3B

The pitching will be a guessing game each week

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Streaming 4 and 5 is great -- but you don't have the foundation of a 1-3 (Ross is a 2/3). The closers don't have the K's to make up for that.

And, for the record, I hope I'm wrong too!
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord