Need to replace Doumit....

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jkadagio

Need to replace Doumit....

#1 Post by jkadagio »

So I read today Doumit will be out 8-10 weeks due to a wrist injury.

12 Team 5X5 Mixed Roto.

I don't see alot of options on my WW, but recognize these options as possibilities:

I Rodriguez
K Suzuki
R Hernandez

My first thought is to grab Suzuki. I'm looking to get a guy that sees a reasonable # of AB's, and hits for reasonable average. I'm not so concerned about power at this point.

Thoughts?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Need to replace Doumit....

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Grumble -- I just went through my teams and have to replace Doumit on 4 rosters -- grumble grumble

Pudge probably best for BA
Hernandez for power
Suzuki for mix of both
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

Suzuki would be my choice right now. While he doesn't have any RBI, he's at least hitting the ball reasonably well.

rotohuff
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by rotohuff »

Todd Zola wrote:Grumble -- I just went through my teams and have to replace Doumit on 4 rosters -- grumble grumble
I've got him in 8.

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#5 Post by alleyoops »

Todd Zola wrote:Grumble -- I just went through my teams and have to replace Doumit on 4 rosters -- grumble grumble
Aw, 4 out of 40 isn't all that bad, Todd. :-)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Sadly, it's actually 20 :roll:

Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

jkadagio

#7 Post by jkadagio »

Wish I could have had Suzuki's 4-4 in my mineup last night. That would have been a good way to kick things off....

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

and a 3-run dinger today...

Hambowen

#9 Post by Hambowen »

What do we know about Doumit replacement. Have him in a 15 team nfbc so the pickings are slim.