Late Start!! Keepers due Friday...

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

Late Start!! Keepers due Friday...

#1 Post by Tig »

Our league is transitioning into a dynasty league..
14 teams. 7x7 (standard 5x5 plus "trebles" and OBS for hitters; K/9 and QS+CG+ShO+NH+PG for pitchers)
$260 budget (min bid per player is $1)
Rosters consist of 22 active players, 6 reserve players and 5 minor leaguers. (players are allowed to stay on ML roster until you activate them)
Positions consist of a C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, UT and 9 pitchers.

I currently have 5 spots open/$54 available before any cuts.. Simply based on salaries, Leaning towards cutting the players in red, which would leave me with 10 spots/$125... but just because its a dynasty does it make everyone else worth keeping?

There should be a bunch of studs available at the auction, as last years cap was $300, therefore, some players went for more than they would have with a $260 cap....

C: Mike Zunino $1
1b: Mark Teixeira $4
2b: Ian Kinsler $25
SS: Dee Gordon(2b) $13; Addison Russell $0(ML)
3b: Matt Carpenter $6; Nolan Arenado $0
MI: Rougned Odor $1
CI: Jake Smolinski $0
OF: George Springer $0 (ML), Mookie Betts $0 (ML), Kole Calhoun $6, Shin-Soo Choo $36, Avasail Garcia $5, Josh Harrison(2b/3b/OF) $1, Rusney Castillo $20(ML), Rymer Liriano $0(ML)
UT: Chris Taylor(SS) $1
SP: Garrett Richards $14, Homer Bailey $13, Yovani Gallardo $11, Chris Young $8, Vance Worley $6, Tanner Roark $1, Tom Koehler $1, Dylan Bundy $3(ML)
RP: Craig Kimbrel $15, Aroldis Chapman $15

Appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts...

Captain Hook

Re: Late Start!! Keepers due Friday...

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Tig wrote:Our league is transitioning into a dynasty league..
14 teams. 7x7 (standard 5x5 plus "trebles" and OBS for hitters; K/9 and QS+CG+ShO+NH+PG for pitchers)
$260 budget (min bid per player is $1)
Rosters consist of 22 active players, 6 reserve players and 5 minor leaguers. (players are allowed to stay on ML roster until you activate them)
Positions consist of a C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, UT and 9 pitchers.

I currently have 5 spots open/$54 available before any cuts.. Simply based on salaries, Leaning towards cutting the players in red, which would leave me with 10 spots/$125... but just because its a dynasty does it make everyone else worth keeping?

There should be a bunch of studs available at the auction, as last years cap was $300, therefore, some players went for more than they would have with a $260 cap....

C: Mike Zunino $1
1b: Mark Teixeira $4
2b: Ian Kinsler $25
SS: Dee Gordon(2b) $13; Addison Russell $0(ML)
3b: Matt Carpenter $6; Nolan Arenado $0
MI: Rougned Odor $1
CI: Jake Smolinski $0
OF: George Springer $0 (ML), Mookie Betts $0 (ML), Kole Calhoun $6, Shin-Soo Choo $36, Avasail Garcia $5, Josh Harrison(2b/3b/OF) $1, Rusney Castillo $20(ML), Rymer Liriano $0(ML)
UT: Chris Taylor(SS) $1
SP: Garrett Richards $14, Homer Bailey $13, Yovani Gallardo $11, Chris Young $8, Vance Worley $6, Tanner Roark $1, Tom Koehler $1, Dylan Bundy $3(ML)
RP: Craig Kimbrel $15, Aroldis Chapman $15

Appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts...
WHY would you keep Teixeira? even at $4 I would cut his ass

And you should NOT be cutting Rusney Castillo

I think I agree with the rest of the cuts but just one reading