Number of starting pitchers in monthly game

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Number of starting pitchers in monthly game

#1 Post by shif6 »

In the Shandler Park monthly game, is your initial default six starting pitchers or seven?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Number of starting pitchers in monthly game

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

shif6 wrote:In the Shandler Park monthly game, is your initial default six starting pitchers or seven?
There's a bunch of essays on wwwShandlerPark.com on the topic (Lawr, Perry and I all write for SP) - I'll have enough SP so that I can have 7 active each bi-weekly period then manage it later according to category.

We're accumulating more in-game data - specifically what it takes to compete in each category so soon, there will be some essays posted at SP about targets which should help in this regard as well.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#3 Post by shif6 »

Thanks. Are those in the sit/start essays under the bleachers link or somewhere else?
I am doing this for the first time this coming month. It could become addictive.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

shif6 wrote:Thanks. Are those in the sit/start essays under the bleachers link or somewhere else?
I am doing this for the first time this coming month. It could become addictive.
Yeah -- the Bleacher's Section. Soon I'll have my own evergreen section in the Trainer's Room but for not Bleachers is where it's at.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

You can align your pitching staff whichever way you like BUT I strongly favor three hitters on reserve and six pitchers so with a total of 15 pitchers it is probably 9 SP, 6 RP

ETA - just checked my June entry and it is 8/7