either or

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
brooklyn49
Major League Veteran

either or

#1 Post by brooklyn49 »

Team Management suggestions:

1) Jose Valverde is my #3 closer. Jim Johnson was dropped. Is Johnson worth a shot on waivers (I have lowest priority) or is he now buried in the closer by committee?

2) Need 3 SP from a candidate pool of Porcello, Kluber, Smyly, Nolasco, Quintana and Straily. Rostered Kluber, Smyly and Straily, however, projections suggest I am putting too much faith in Kluber and Straily, and I don't know what to make of Smyly's role. I've had bad experiences with Nolasco; and Quintana seems like plain vanilla. At the top of the list is Porcello, who I just have trouble believing in.

3) Need a 5th OF from a candidate pool of Josh Reddick, Chris Cater, Will Venable, Ichiro and Marcell Ozuna. I am inclined to hang on to Josh Reddick, but Oakland appears to be losing faith in him.
13 Team, Mixed, Rotisserie League with Daily Transactions
525 IP Limit; 60 Games per position
Hitting: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, BA, Hits, BB, Total Bases, OPS
Pitching: W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K's, HR Allowed, Holds, K/BB, QS

Hitting:
C: O. Narváez 1B: P. Goldschmidt 2B: C. Biggio 3B: M. Muncy SS: M. Semien MI: C. Hernández CI: C. Santana OF: M. Conforto, B. Harper, A. McCutchen, T. Edman Utility: N. Cruz
Pitching:
SP: M. Minor, K. Maeda, C. Martínez, N. Pearson, J. Montgomery, C. Bassitt
CL: H. Neris, N. Burdi, A. Bass
SU: P. Báez, Y. Petit, B. Treinen

Bench: E. Thames, N. Solak, T. Grisham, J. Berti
DL: J. Verlander, S. Oberg

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: either or

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

brooklyn49 wrote:Team Management suggestions:

1) Jose Valverde is my #3 closer. Jim Johnson was dropped. Is Johnson worth a shot on waivers (I have lowest priority) or is he now buried in the closer by committee?
For now, it's closer by committee. Last night he struck out 4 in two innings. Will he get the job back immediately? No. Will he get it back eventually? They didn't pay him all that money to be a set up guy. April 12th is too soon to be making a season long call on anyone ..unless people think Bonifacio WILL hit.450 all year.

2) Need 3 SP from a candidate pool of Porcello, Kluber, Smyly, Nolasco, Quintana and Straily. Rostered Kluber, Smyly and Straily, however, projections suggest I am putting too much faith in Kluber and Straily, and I don't know what to make of Smyly's role. I've had bad experiences with Nolasco; and Quintana seems like plain vanilla. At the top of the list is Porcello, who I just have trouble believing in.
Forget projections right now - if they all performed to projections, there'd be no need to play this thing. Again - it's April 12th. I'm not sure why vanilla is such a bad thing - fact, not sure what it even means in this context. I'd take Quintana and not look back - it's quite interesting what he can do - ESPECIALLY pitching in that park. The only other name of interest to me in there is Smyly.

3) Need a 5th OF from a candidate pool of Josh Reddick, Chris Cater, Will Venable, Ichiro and Marcell Ozuna. I am inclined to hang on to Josh Reddick, but Oakland appears to be losing faith in him.Again - how much faith can you lose in 12 days ...it's a marathon, not a sprint. You think Daric Barton is gonna eat up some ABs with HIS track record? If you WERE to make a change, I'd choose Venable ...but, then again, I would not make the change.
Good luck.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

Re: either or

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

brooklyn49 wrote:Team Management suggestions:

3) Need a 5th OF from a candidate pool of Josh Reddick, Chris Cater, Will Venable, Ichiro and Marcell Ozuna. I am inclined to hang on to Josh Reddick, but Oakland appears to be losing faith in him.
1) forget Johnson for now -especially with three closers already

2) Smyly wasn't starting because of Tiger's schedule early but has start next week and would be top of my list..... after him Straily and Porcello

3) I think Reddick has been or will be sent down - Venable seems the standout there