Keeper Help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
vrs626

Keeper Help

#1 Post by vrs626 »

I've got some tricky keeper options for this season and could use some advice.

Twelve team league 6x6. We can keep up to 8 keepers and we start the following positions:

2 catchers
1b
2b
SS
CI
MI
3B
5 outfielders
UTIL

These are my options, along with the tag for each player. If we keep two players with the same tag (i.e. two guys with 10th round tag), one of the players uses a tag from the earlier round (so for two players with 10th round tags, one would count as a 9th round pick).

José Bautista - 11th Round
Brandon Belt - 15th Round
Jackie Bradley Jr. - 15th Round
Robinson Canó - 4th Round
Jason Castro - 15th Round
Starlin Castro - 12th Round
Allen Craig - 23rd Round
Brett Gardner - 15th Round
Matt Holliday - 3rd Round
Ryan Ludwick - 15th Round
Will Middlebrooks - 15th Round
Daniel Murphy - 15th Round
David Ortiz - 10th Round
Salvador Pérez - 22nd Round
Colby Rasmus - 15th Round
Wilin Rosario - 7th Round
Alfonso Soriano - 15th Round
Eric Young - 15th Round
Alex Cobb - 14th Round
Yu Darvish - 2nd Round
Danny Farquhar - 15th Round
Dillon Gee - 15th Round
A.J. Griffin - 15th Round
Jon Lester - 6th Round
Joe Nathan - 8th Round
James Shields - 17th Round- Keeper
Rafael Soriano - 14th Round- Keeper

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Keeper Help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

what are the extra categories?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

vrs626

#3 Post by vrs626 »

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

OK, so OPS devalues speed and K/BB devalues starters a little

My 8....

José Bautista - 11th Round
Robinson Canó - 4th Round
Jason Castro - 15th Round
Allen Craig - 23rd Round
David Ortiz - 10th Round
Salvador Pérez - 22nd Round
Alex Cobb - 14th Round
James Shields - 17th Round- Keeper
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

vrs626

#5 Post by vrs626 »

Thanks, Todd! What are your thoughts on keeping Starlin Castro? I was thinking of keeping him over Jason Castro?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

vrs626 wrote:Thanks, Todd! What are your thoughts on keeping Starlin Castro? I was thinking of keeping him over Jason Castro?
I'd rather lock up the catcher and not lose the opportunity cost of freezing a SS. You can draft him if you think he'll bounce back.