Keeper thoughts!!! Got caught off guard - deadline tonight!!

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

Keeper thoughts!!! Got caught off guard - deadline tonight!!

#1 Post by Tig »

Short Notice, so I greatly appreciate any/all input, as its been hectic and ive done nothing to prepare for the season thus far, so have been caught a bit off guard!!!

So, it appears that my league has gone through some rather drastic changes this "offseason", none of which im particularly fond of, but they are what they are at this point... We've expanded from 12 to 14 teams, which is good, however, our rosters were reduced.. so we no longer have a MI, CI, 5th OF, or 9 Pitcher on our active rosters.. We are also only filling our active lineups at the auction. We use to fill our 7 man benches as well from our auction budget.. Our salary cap has been brought down to $230 for our 19 players (C-1B-2B-SS-3B-4OF-2UT-8P)... The 2 new teams are getting a $260 for the auction since they have no keepers... we will have a regular draft afterwards to fill our bench slots.

Options: (can keep 0-8, whatever we keep under 8, we have the option to RFA that many players: RFA-match winning bid and retain player who's contract expired)
Kyle Seager $14
Alexei Ramirez $9
Matt Carpenter $0
Shin Soo Choo $27
Ian Kinsler $43
Homer Bailey $7
Aroldis Chapman $4
Tony CIngrani $0
Yu Darvish $35
Tanner Roark $0
Michael Pineda $0
Matt Harvey $0
Trevor Rosenthal $0

My RFA options: James Shields, Giancarlo Stanton, Alex Gordon, and Carlos Santana)

Thanks again!!

UK BlueCat
Major League Veteran

Re: Keeper thoughts!!! Got caught off guard - deadline tonight!!

#2 Post by UK BlueCat »

5 that jump out as no brainers to me at first glance are Rosenthal, Cingrani, Chapman, Bailey and Carpenter. That would take care of your closers and give you 2 solid starting pitchers. Other than those 5 and without knowing the dynamics of your league, I might go with Ramirez and Choo and keep one spot open to RFA.
Todd Easterling
UK BlueCats

Tig

Re: Keeper thoughts!!! Got caught off guard - deadline tonight!!

#3 Post by Tig »

Sorry, the league is roto... its 7x7 with the standard 5x5 plus k/9 and a crazy category (Quality Starts, ShutOuts, Complete Games, No Hitters) for pitchers and OPS and Doubles+Triples for hitters....