Trade Peralta + Martin/Doumit for Rollins?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
rw0

Trade Peralta + Martin/Doumit for Rollins?

#1 Post by rw0 »

An owner in my league seems to have some personal hatred for Jimmy Rollins and is looking to unload his first round pick. He is looking for a replacement SS and a C.

He has asked for Peralta and either Martin or Doumit in return for Rollins.

As you can see from my signature, I have no great need at SS, but am short on speed. Do I strike the deal?

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: Trade Peralta + Martin/Doumit for Rollins?

#2 Post by viper »

assuming Sandoval is not Catcher-eligible, this is Peralta/Doumit for Rollins/replacement catcher. Personally I would do it and not think twice. Being short on speed isn't my reason, it's just the upgrade in talent that drives me at this point of the season.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

rw0

#3 Post by rw0 »

Thanks Viper. I am strongly considering pulling the trigger. Having another first round talent on the team seems like something I should want to do.

I would have to dig around in the C pool for a replacement (Johjima, Teagarden, Kendall, Olivo, Barajas, Ruiz) for a bit while I wait patiently for Sandoval to get 5 starts at C (early) this season. Without a second catcher in SF, hopefully that will not take long.

Hambowen

#4 Post by Hambowen »

I would do the deal either way because I think it gives you better value.

Add in the fact that you have Sandoval who should get catcher eligibilty early on and it makes this a slam dunk for your team.

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

I'd trade Peralta/Doumit but not Peralta/Martin. If I'm making deals with that team or any team, I'm looking for upgrades at weaker positions. You're not weak at the ss position. No question you could use some speed but I think you're giving up too much if you deal Peralta and Martin.