What to do with Jose Reyes

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
xtrme98

What to do with Jose Reyes

#1 Post by xtrme98 »

Ive got Reyes back from the DL and hes been playing well... but I have Segura holding down my SS spot and I have Machado in my UTIL spot (3b is being held down by Miguel Cabrera).

Im in a keeper league that lets us keep players for 3 years and then you essentially lose all rights to them for the next year...The two most notable 3 year guys "available" right now are
Jose Bautista and Justin Verlander. My outfield is pretty good with McCutchen, Rios, Adam Jones. My question is, do I make the play for Bautista, forcing one of my outfielders to the bench or go for Verlander and try and strengthen my SP? Even though Verlander is "down from typical Verlander numbers"? Im thinking Reyes is my trade chip at this point to land a big bat or SP????

Let me know thanks.

Here is my current roster (I sit in 1st with BB my only weak spot in my hitters)

C-Yadier Molina
1b-Cuddyer
2b-Howie kendrick
SS-Jason Segura
3b-Miggy
OF-Adam Jones
OF-Alex Rios
OF-Andrew McCutchen
UTIL-Manny Machado
BENCH-Wil Myers
BENCH-Jose Reyes

SP-Max Scherzer
SP-Doug Fister
SP-Mike Minor
RP-Mark Melancon
RP-Sergio Romo
RP-Jason Grilli
RP-Edward Mujica
SP-Lance Lynn
SP-Cole Hamels
SP-Madison Bumgarner

Captain Hook

Re: What to do with Jose Reyes

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I would trade Reyes (even Reyes plus your worst SP) for Verlander - you saw his last outing after he figured out his problem - more of the same coming

xtrme98

#3 Post by xtrme98 »

The other owner is having second thoughts...he wants Jones for Verlander, which I will do if I can move Reyes....
Some of the other owners after sending out some messages...

Reyes for Matt Cain?

Reyes for CC?

Reyes for Lester?

Is it time to just "get something" for Reyes?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

xtrme98 wrote:
Is it time to just "get something" for Reyes?
Personally, I think you want a lot more than just something for a potential top-10 player.

I'd rather deal Segura that Reyes if it is an either/or thing.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

xtrme98

#5 Post by xtrme98 »

He took Segura for Verlander straight up...I think I got a great deal.
Now I move Reyes to SS and my team is looking very good.