Need a replacement for Rutledge/Utley

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Need a replacement for Rutledge/Utley

#1 Post by tybs »

12 team, 5 X 5 roto league. Currently middle of pack in all offensive cats except runs where I'm third. Lost Rutledge to AAA and expect to lose Utley to DL when his MRI results are released. Dan Murphy and K. Johnson were both claimed in the past few days (figures). Espinosa, Uggla, Bonifacio, M. Ellis, Rayburn, Ry. Roberts, Galvis and LeMahieu are BA FA's. Judging by season to date AB's, the only two who play nearly every day are Uggla and Ellis (just off DL), but Galvis and LeMahieu should be every day players for as long as Utley is out and Rutledge remains in the minors. Any thoughts on who to pick up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Need a replacement for Rutledge/Utley

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

When Ellis plays, he plays sneakily well. LeMahieu is indeed going to get full time run (for now).

if you need a little of everything I'd take Ellis and hope Utley is back before Ellis hits the DL again. if you want some empty BA, them LeMahieu.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

Re: Need a replacement for Rutledge/Utley

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

IF you can DL Utley then Galvis looks like the right choice