average pitchers to trust in H2H

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
bamse31

average pitchers to trust in H2H

#1 Post by bamse31 »

I'm in a 16 team mixed 5x5 h2h league. I need a sp4 & 5 who won't kill me week to week. Can I trust any of the following, depending on the match up?

A.J.Griffin
P. Corbin
K. Correia
K. Slowey
C. Richard
J. Locke
E. Stultz
J. Marquis
B. Maurer
J. Garland

Are any of them trustworthy? Or do I have to stream every week?

Thank you for your advice!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: average pitchers to trust in H2H

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

You're contradicting yourself. Or at least not being clear on the question. It's hard to ascertain if you are asking if any of them are every week/matchup proof options -- none of them are.

My criteria for streaming is

-NL
-home
-pitcher's park
-weak opposition
-K/9 > 7.0 OR BB/9 < 2.5

I don't have any particular order, I just try to find guys that fit as many as possible.

I know his early numbers have been intriguing but the only guy I would not use at all is Garland - since I won't stream a non-strikeout guy at Coors.

There would have to be NO other options before I used Marquis
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

bamse31

#3 Post by bamse31 »

Thank you. Perhaps I am not using the proper terminology. My question is ... Does it make sense to hold any two of these SPs for their availability and to protect them from other teams? Otherwise I need to use the criteria you suggested to go to the waiver wire for a weekly starter or two ... And pickens are slim.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

The one that I would hold is Griffin. Corbin is borderline. The numbers say streamer but some scouting reports are more optimistic.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

bamse31

#5 Post by bamse31 »

Perfect, thank you.

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

Not even sure why Corbin in on that list - look at his numbers so far

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Corbin's peripherals are nothing special, he's living off an unsustainable LOB%.

He's fanning fewer than last season (below league average) and until today he was walking more than last season -- walk rates are variable and take the longest to settle. After today's effort he dropped his BB/9 below last season.

His skills portend to a high 3's ERA. Last season he was unlucky, so far this year Lady Luck has been on his side.