Heyward for Shelby Miller?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Heyward for Shelby Miller?

#1 Post by tybs »

12 team, 5 X 5 roto league. Need SP. Hamels, Shields and Hellboy are my top three right now with Anderson and C.J. Wilson off to rocky starts. Is Matt Moore too much to ask for instead of Miller? Too early to make a move? Any opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Captain Hook

Re: Heyward for Shelby Miller?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:12 team, 5 X 5 roto league. Need SP. Hamels, Shields and Hellboy are my top three right now with Anderson and C.J. Wilson off to rocky starts. Is Matt Moore too much to ask for instead of Miller? Too early to make a move? Any opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
First of all Heyward is on the DL with an emergency appendectomy and will be out at least 2-3 weeks (that happened yesterday and it's not clear reading your question whether you were aware .... but maybe you think the potential trade partner wants him so bad he would trade for him while he is off?)

Next you don't give us any information about who would replace Heyward in your outfield

To fully explain that point for you and other readers, the trade should not be viewed as Heyward for Miller
(yes I think Moore is too much to ask for but you could do it by giving him a choice ... I will trade you Heyward for either Moore or Miller)
You should always look at the trades in context of your lineup ... so it is actually
Heyward & P (you would be dropping from your lineup)
for
OF who would replace Heyward & Shelby Miller
Now which of those is the best pair for your team?

tybs

#3 Post by tybs »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am well aware of Heyward's medical issues. The other owner approached me also knowing Heyward's situation. It's a league where we start 3 OFs and 2 UTIL with daily lineup changes. My other OFs are Harper, Werth, Ruggiano and Dom. Brown. My utility slots are currently filled by Freeman and Rutledge. I could pick up another OF on the waiver wire to replace Heyward on my roster and I realize that said OF will probably not have Heyward's upside. I hope this additional info. will allow you to better assess the situation. Any follow up is greatly appreciated.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am well aware of Heyward's medical issues. The other owner approached me also knowing Heyward's situation. It's a league where we start 3 OFs and 2 UTIL with daily lineup changes. My other OFs are Harper, Werth, Ruggiano and Dom. Brown. My utility slots are currently filled by Freeman and Rutledge. I could pick up another OF on the waiver wire to replace Heyward on my roster and I realize that said OF will probably not have Heyward's upside. I hope this additional info. will allow you to better assess the situation. Any follow up is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and while Ruggiano or Brown aren't likely to produce what we thought Heyward would I do think this is a trade you SHOULD DO, especially as it is a total plus for two plus weeks and the ability to mix and match for your third outfield slot makes this a good trade for your team.

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

I wouldn't move Jason Heyward for a starting pitcher. You'd fair much better working the wire for spot starts than losing such a valuable bat this early in the season. Seems like a panic move to me, don't do it.