Thoughts on some guys sitting on Waivers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
lewp

Thoughts on some guys sitting on Waivers

#1 Post by lewp »

On the P side, owners of Dan Haren and Phil Hughes have lost patience. Corbin is also sitting out there, and looked awfully good v. the Yanks.

On the H side, Bourjos, who will at least temporarily be leading off, is out there, as is Duda. And Jesus Montero was dropped. Though I've got Posey so Montero has no position value. He'd just be a Utility guy. (Of course, not bad to have a back-up, if he starts hitting.)

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

Re: Thoughts on some guys sitting on Waivers

#2 Post by mjlewis »

well, Duda is second in the majors in OPS; if you can't pick up Chris Davis he seems like a good consolation prize.

brian
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by brian »

Also depends on who you have to drop to make room.
Brian Walton
mastersball.com

lewp

#4 Post by lewp »

Well, on the Pitching side, I've got a couple of slots that I "speculate with". I'd likely drop Teheran from one of them if I went to the wire.

On the hitting side, I've got Cameron Maybin moving to the DL.

This is standard 5x5. 12 Team Mixed. 28 player rosters. H2H.

In theory I've got a lot of power already (i.e., Stanton and Bautista, thus "theory"), which is perhaps an argument for a Bourjos over a Duda, but I'm more focused on max value right now. I can always trade for speed. Ideally I'd have Maybin in and running... but I guess his extremely poor performance thus far is at least in part due to the wrist. Hopefully he'll get back, although wrist injuries worry me, they tend to linger.

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

I would definitely add Corbin and Duda

Montero is of no value to you