thoughts on Cingrani

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
PaulG14

thoughts on Cingrani

#1 Post by PaulG14 »

What do you think of Cingrani, head to head league with 10 teams, both as a near term rental pitcher for his possible two starts next week, and also as a hold for the entire season? I would have to drop Teheran to pick him up.

Captain Hook

Re: thoughts on Cingrani

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

PaulG14 wrote:What do you think of Cingrani, head to head league with 10 teams, both as a near term rental pitcher for his possible two starts next week, and also as a hold for the entire season? I would have to drop Teheran to pick him up.
:o He hasn't even been called up yet!
Yeah I know everybody thinks so but Dusty B hasn't signed off on it yet and today they were talking about "several alternatives"

Okay that curmudgeonly advice aside, Cingrani is a very good prospect - video game numbers at A Bakersfield and AA Pensacola last year = 10-4; 1.73 ERA with 172K/52BB in 146 innings - 88-95 on fastball and good changeup but slider needed work at AAA and I haven't seen the reports there yet.

Love him long term - not as sure about this year but (contracts notwithstanding) I would NOT drop Teheran for him

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: thoughts on Cingrani

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Last rookie who came up who I would have dropped anyone with major league experience and an improving ceiling for was Strasburg. Cingrani has done zero to date - this is the danger of our game ... projecting success on inexperienced players based on stats accumulated in environments they will no longer play in. Then compare parks ... there are two parks that have played more favorably to home runs over the last five years than Cincy ... Coors and US Cellular. That's it. not where I want my rookie calling home for the immediate future.

I stand pat. If he skyrockets, more power to him. If he tanks, not your problem.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams