Relief Pitchers

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
bahamamike

Relief Pitchers

#1 Post by bahamamike »

Hey, I am in a funky league which I play with a bunch of Alumni from my undergrad this is our 7th year playing. We normally have 10 - 14 teams, unfortunately this yeaer we only have 10. I say unfortunately, because I tend to struggle when the league is so shallow, infact i really struggle whenever I play in a shallow league.

I have been among those who know shallow leagues, as too many stars, no skill, etc...but I know believe that shallow leagues are tougher, because you have to be very on top of the game to win.

I am very happy with my offense, but I am worried about pitching. We unfortunatley count holds, and to win in our league, you have to do well in this category. But our league settings are a little limited for relieve pitching, we start 4 SP, 2 RP and 2 P. I have Rivera, Valvarde and Wood as my closers.

My SPs are Sabathia, Myers, Lowe, Maine, Slowey, Oliver Perez and Josh Johnson.

I have picked up Kuo as my holds guy, because of his SP/RP eligibility. And I am targetting my SP/RP for holds because they can go into SP when I have room. I am also targeting Villanueva, but don't know who to drop.

My offense is C Soto, 1B Miggy, 2B Cano, SS Hardy, 3B Longoria, OF V Wells, Markasis, Rios, UTIL Chipper and Votto, Bench Billy Butler, Hawpe, Jose Lopez and Mora.

Two questions I am asking, who should I drop for Villanueva, and any other pitchers with SP eligibility who could get holds. I know holds are hard to project, but I have learnt that this category is key to the league, normally what happens is a few teams ignore it, and all are tied at the bottom, and the top teams have the 10, 9 and 8 points to themselves.

Roto league 7 x 7 with Holds and Wild Pitches as the extra pitching and K and E as the extra hitting.