Stanton for Hamilton?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
lewp

Stanton for Hamilton?

#1 Post by lewp »

Was just offered this deal (I would get Stanton). Any reason to hesitate? (Standard 5x5, no keepers.)

I took Hamilton 20th. He took Stanton 10th. I guess he sees trouble for Stanton in that weak Fish lineup. But, in part, I'm thinking Stanton's perceived value is greater if I want to deal some more.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Stanton for Hamilton?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

In my projections, I have them basically identical - even in playing time as I hedged (maybe too much) on Stanton's health.

For me it comes down to who you think will stay on the field more.

If you trust Stanton's knees will hold up, I have no qualms with the deal.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

lewp

#3 Post by lewp »

I don't have any special insights into Stanton's knee. But I guess I'd I'm comparing him to Hamilton on the playing time front, I lean towards the younger guy. I mean, what was the injury, exactly? Lots of knee scopes are pretty minor.

My bigger concern is the Marlins line up. Why would anybody pitch to Stanton? And who's going to be on base for him? Otoh, if he's traded his value suddenly goes through the roof. Not sure what's become of the many trade rumors I'd heard earlier.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

He'll get his 35-40 HR but they'll come with 90-100 RBI and not 110-120

You're not going to walk someone when you're winning 6-2.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord