FAAB starts today.....looking for feedback

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

FAAB starts today.....looking for feedback

#1 Post by CubFan »

12 team 5x5 ALonly keeper league with $310 salary cap. See signature for team. Need to DL Devine and Escobar. Porcello is out there and then a host of retreads such as Colon, Contreras, Pavano. Also some relief pitchers such as Edwar Rameriz (vulture wins and good K/ERA), Cassilla (Geren has taken a liking to him in ST and will give him a bigger role now that Devine may be done for the season), Jepsen (Sciossa likes him and he hit 97 mph on the gun recently), Carlson (threw well last year and vultured a number of wins), Aardsma (do I feel lucky.....heck Morrow wont close every game). there will be a number of owners who need to replace guys sent down or DLd (I count at least 8) so I expect a number of bids. DL and players sent ot the minors must be moved within 2 weeks.

Current thoughts: Escobar....$5-$7 Porcello.....then I dunno if I want an ulcer if I pick up Pavano of Colon. Could go with Edwar Rameriz or Carlson.

Devine.....$3-$5 for Casilla (either he and/or Blevins will likely get a few saves) then Rameriz $1, Carlson $1, maybe Nelson $1.

Also think I'm light on SBs. Drop Matthews (5th OFer in real life and may be on the way out)...p/u Josh Anderson $3-$5 (there may be up to 4 UT/5th OFers that may be replaced), Endy Chavez $3, Trevor Crowe $1 (Sizemore lite...but what happens if Dellucci heals....sent back down to AAA?), or Buscher $2 (Crede insurance).

Coming out of the auction I was going to throw $20+ bids at Wieters and Price when they come up.

Would appreciate hearing anyone's opinions. Also any other names you can think of let me know. We have a very deep league.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Hambowen

Re: FAAB starts today.....looking for feedback

#2 Post by Hambowen »

I am thinking Seattle relief might not be a bad place to go with some Faab. I mean we as fantasy players have all made Brandon Morrow the Seattle closer. Nobody that actually makes those decisions has however. Not to mention we are already making a big leap that he will be healthy soon. The last i read on him he was having control issues which is the hardest thing to maintain when you are injured, people think it is velocity but it is command. You may be able to vulture some saves for the first 2-4 weeks IF and it is a big if you can choose the right guy.

I have seen Aardsma a lot living in Boston and he does have real good velocity but serious command issues. Not knowing anything about Wamatsu I have no idea what type of closer he prefers. It is probably between him and Lowe though so pick your poison I guess. Just be wary of an exploding whip.

bahamamike

#3 Post by bahamamike »

do you have a FAAB cap, or do you have unlimitted as long as you stay with in your salary cap. This to me, would determine a lot of your moves.

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by CubFan »

We have $100 FAAB to use. No trading of FAAB allowed. Team salary cap of $310.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

bahamamike

#5 Post by bahamamike »

well for me, that changes a lot. I would be very tight with this early cap. As you said, you have the possibility of bidding on Weiters and/or price later on. Also you have those moving from the NL. I would definately replace devine (injury) and matthews jr (5th OF, does he have playing time), but hold on the the rest of the cap.

ChipDog
Double-A

#6 Post by ChipDog »

your list looks pretty good CubFan. I have a feeling Porcello will go for more than you are bidding simply because of the high profile. at least in our league thats usually how it goes. Casilla worth a flyer probably. He was solid last year. not sure yet on Josh Anderson. Could be a decent risk if its not too much money

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by CubFan »

ChipDog, you're probably right about Porcello going higher than the $$ I threw out. Would not surprise me if someone goes $9 or $10 as there really are no interesting names left other than tired names such as Colon, Contreras, Pavano. But that seems like too much FAAB to speculate on a rookie pitcher. They may be good for a game or two but are then likely to get the snot beat out of them. And as for Colon and Contreras, depending upon Ozzie's mood he'd could let them stay out there and run up a crooked line just for amusement.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -