My Main Event Squad

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mbendar
Major League Veteran

My Main Event Squad

#1 Post by mbendar »

I figure the 2nd weekend ME is just about wrapped up, so since I did well after posting my team last year, I'm going to post it again, with comments (from 3 pick):

1 - Ryan Braun - As soon as I got #3, I was pretty sure I was getting Braun because of the suspension risk - if he doesn't get suspended, this should be a great start.

2 - Adrian Gonzalez - I had the choice of David Wright here, and played with my head instead of heart, especially since Wright's opening day status was in question last week. A solid compliment to Braun.

3 - Ian Kinsler - I had the choice of Kinsler or Pedroia and took Kinsler. I just think if Texas does well this year, Kinsler is going to be a big part of it. If I'm wrong, I hope I get the 20-20 floor he provided last year.

4 - Matt Holliday - I have him on many teams, as he always seems to fall to a spot I can't pass him up. A solid bat for late 4th round.

5 - Chris Sale - Sale has climbed up my list after White Sox locked him up to an extension. If they feel good to give him 5 years, my injury concerns were reduced - the talent is there when healthy.

6 - Yadier Molina - Molina has been slipping in my drafts and not sure why - was happy to take a solid #1 catcher here.

7 - Victor Martinez - I thought to myself after Molina that if Victor got back, I was doubling up on C. He did and I pounced - very happy with the catcher combo I have.

8 - Matt Harvey - I wanted him on 1 team and got him for my most important one. As a Mets fan, I see the perfectionist and pro attitude he brings to the mound as a young pitcher and just think he'll be solid, with the potential to be much better than solid.

9 - Ian Kennedy - With 2 young starters as my top 2, I took Kennedy for a stable #3. I hope he lands in between his 2011 and 2012 numbers as his Masterball projection has for him.

10 - Mike Moustakas - I thought the offense I accumulated to this point allowed for an upside pick, and Moustakas is just that. This is another guy that justs looks like a ballplayer from what I've seen, with the potential to breakout.

I'll tone down the commentary for the rest

11 - Alcides Escobar - nice speed to add to the mix
12 - Steve Cishek - closers flew in this draft and needed the last solid one left
13 - Homer Bailey - solid #4 IMO
14 - Angel Pagan - nice speed this late
15 - Bruce Rondon - see Cishek and now hoping he figures it out in minors
16 - Michael Young
17 - Matt Harrison
18 - Ryan Madson - the 1st of 2 speculative closer picks
19 - Brandon Moss - hoping for 20+ HR's
20 - Brian Roberts
21 - Jaime Garcia
22 - Matt Joyce
23 - Ross Detwiler
24 - Sergio Santos - spec pick #2
25 - Logan Morrison
26 - Jeff Francoeur
27 - Pete Kozma
28 - Seth Smith
29 - Miguel Gonzalez
30 - Nate McLouth

Not expecting any commentary, but feel free to post with any thoughts.

Mark

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: My Main Event Squad

#2 Post by Black Sox »

Funny to look at this team now that we've had 6 weeks worth of games. The Harvey & McClouth pick really stand out. How are you faring so far?
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc