Which OF To Drop?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
lewp

Which OF To Drop?

#1 Post by lewp »

I've an overabundance of OFs in a 12 team mixer, 5x5. Plan to add a P off the wire, and will have to drop one of the following OFs (the resulting 3 will occupy 1 active spot and 2 bench spots... so I'm probably looking for upside potential here):

Chris Young, Bourjos, Brantley, or Span.

How would you rate this group? Who would you drop? Thanks.

Captain Hook

Re: Which OF To Drop?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

lewp wrote:I've an overabundance of OFs in a 12 team mixer, 5x5. Plan to add a P off the wire, and will have to drop one of the following OFs (the resulting 3 will occupy 1 active spot and 2 bench spots... so I'm probably looking for upside potential here):

Young is the ONLY non starter in this group but most of the others have their value in stolen bases. Brantley is the best combination as he could be double digit HR/SB. Young could deliver more HR but will have the lowest average of the four -pick what YOUR team needs

rsvp_nj
Triple-A
Preferred Style: 5x5 Roto

#3 Post by rsvp_nj »

Captain Hook wrote:
lewp wrote:I've an overabundance of OFs in a 12 team mixer, 5x5. Plan to add a P off the wire, and will have to drop one of the following OFs (the resulting 3 will occupy 1 active spot and 2 bench spots... so I'm probably looking for upside potential here):

Young is the ONLY non starter in this group but most of the others have their value in stolen bases. Brantley is the best combination as he could be double digit HR/SB. Young could deliver more HR but will have the lowest average of the four -pick what YOUR team needs
Good advice - I was thing Young too, but it's really about the rest of his team.

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

Yeah - I'll second the Captain's advice there. OF very crowded in Oak. Brantley may hit 5th or 6th for the Indians - so he has sneaky good value if he can stick there.