NL ONLY LEAGUE

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

NL ONLY LEAGUE

#1 Post by daweasle »

OK So I drafted my 10 teams - NL Only league last night and I think it went well but I am curious for someone elses opinion of my team

I ended up missing out on a lot of starters I wanted but they kept leaving closers so I kind of went crazy with closers hoping to load up saves early in the season and then trade them for starters if that works we will see.

Here is what I got:

C Russell Martin
1B Adam Laroche
2B Dan Uggla
SS Jimmy Rollins
3B Aramis Ramirez
MI Pete Kozma
CI Cory Hart (DL)
OF1 Justin Upton
OF2 BJ Upton
OF3 Shin Shoo Choo
OF4 Carl Crawford
OF5 Scott Hairston
UT Chris Denorfia

Bench Hitters - Didi Gregorious, Darin Ruf

SP1 Zach Greinke
SP2 Homer Bailey
SP3 Ricky Nolasco
SP4 Dillon Gee
SP5 Bronson Arroyo
RP1 Grilli
RP2 Marmol
RP3 Parnell
RP4 Cishek

Bench Pitchers - Aaron Harang, Wade Leblanc, Johan Santana, Fransisco Liriano

I have to drop a Pitcher to pick up a Corner Infielder till corey hart is back. not much out there but leaning towards adeinny hecharvaria or greg dobbs which pitcher is most droppable?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: NL ONLY LEAGUE

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'd lose Nolasco, Arroyo, Marmol, Santana, Harang and Liriano ASAP

is Mitchell Boggs available?

Is Casey Kotchman available?

Past that, Alex Gonzalez is right now MI could be a better option than those available. Maybe drop Ruf, pick up any CI and Gonzalez and after AGonz becomes eligible (he's playing 1B) move him in.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by daweasle »

I get it on most of my pitchers but marmol?

As far as I can tell he's still the closer in Chicago and he looked pretty good after the all star break last year (1.52 ERA with 12 of 13 save opp)

I get it they signed the Japanese guy in case he fails and they have been looking to trade him but are you saying I should try to trade him or drop him?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I just don't trust Marmol but he "is" closing so maybe hope he gets off to a good start and deal him.

And, FWIW, ERA means nothing.

7 BB and just 2 K in 9.2 IP for Marmol is more telling as compared to 8 K and 2 BB in 7 IP for Fujikawa.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord