AL trade advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
RandyKutcherHair

AL trade advice

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Just offered the following deal in my Dynasty AL Only Roto league: trade J.Montero/ N.Cruz for J.Reyes/ middle round draft pick. I do have a hole at SS so this trade would leave me looking for a catcher (which I would most likely only be able to afford a backup who doesn't play every day) and a utility player. We use real mlb player salaries with a cap that is the average of all AL teams. I do already own Ellsbury and Gardner so I have some sb's without this deal. (edit) Offensive scoring categories are:HR, OBP, OPS, R, RBI, SB, TB. Should I make this deal?

AllstonRockCity

Re: AL trade advice

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

What are the salaries of Cruz, Reyes and Montero? What type of player would you be looking at with that mid round pick?

RandyKutcherHair

#3 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Cruz $10,750,000 then free agent
Reyes $10,000,000 then $16mil and $22mil thru 2017 (may not be affordable after this year)
Montero is pre arb so probably $550,000

Middle round pick will most likely bring back a prospect just outside the top 100 or an average mlb player. With all the keepers most of the top guys are gone.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I would not make the trade - can't fathom giving up a low cost, controlled, good hitting C

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I agree with the Captain, and you don't really save any money, which is the bigger concern for me.

RandyKutcherHair

#6 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Thanks for the advice guys. I wasn't sure if I was being blinded by the star power of Reyes and it seems I was.