12 team AL only

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

12 team AL only

#1 Post by Tig »

$260 cap - 23 man active roster - 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, no reserves

can keep 3-7

Markakis & Shields are locks!

keeper cost/(in red)mastersball projected value

C(2)- Dioner Navarro $10/$9
1b-
2b-Mike Aviles $10/$17 (*can also move to SS)
SS- Jhonny Peralta $20/$18
3b- Alex Gordon $15/$18
MI-
CI-
OF(5)- Bobby Abreu $20/$23, Nick Markakis $17/$28
P(9)- John Danks $11/$14, James Shields $14/$21, Matt Garza $15/$10, Bobby Jenks $25/$19

Closers go for outrageous prices at the auction every year, which is why i have jenks listed as an option. It's also possible that the only closers available are percival, nathan, rivera, ryan, & fuentes,which will further drive up the prices.

Francisco $10, Rodney $14, Ziegler/Devine $10ea, Ray $10/Sherrill $15, Soria $19, Morrow $10, Arredondo $10 could potentially all be kept.

RotoSleuth

Re: 12 team AL only

#2 Post by RotoSleuth »

A newbie's 2 cents:

I go for profit first in keepers, so Aviles, Gordon, Abreu, Danks would be my next 4.

For the last spot, I'd consider Navarro or Peralta, but would guage it on what I thought the market would look like for those positions including expected league inflation rate. If relatively deep, I would likely toss them back and go with the 6 keepers.

On the closers, never overreach. If the nine you listed that might be kept are indeed all kept, then I would expect that those already available (percival, nathan, etc) might be more reasonably priced. If they are not kept, we'll then, there is some additional depth in your marketplace for closers. If the closer market still gets overpriced, there will likely be good value to gain elsewhere.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

Keepers.....Aviles, Gordon, Markakis, Abreu, Shields, Danks.

If you are considering Jenks at $25 then Soria at $19 is a better bet. He's in the same class as Nathan, Rivera and Papelbon. Francisco and Morrow also merit attention at $10 and you could drop Danks for one of them.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

CubFan wrote:Keepers.....Aviles, Gordon, Markakis, Abreu, Shields, Danks.

If you are considering Jenks at $25 then Soria at $19 is a better bet. He's in the same class as Nathan, Rivera and Papelbon. Francisco and Morrow also merit attention at $10 and you could drop Danks for one of them.
I think he is saying other owners will likely keep those saves-getters.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tig

#5 Post by Tig »

Todd Zola wrote:
CubFan wrote:Keepers.....Aviles, Gordon, Markakis, Abreu, Shields, Danks.

I think he is saying other owners will likely keep those saves-getters.
correct, all of them likely to be kept. The only closers that are for sure to be available are Percival, Rivera, Ryan, Nathan, & Fuentes.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I think you now have to keep Jenks if that is the situation. Three of the 5 names you say will be available have huge health questions hanging over them.

Add him to Garza, Danks, Shields, Markakis, Gordon and Aviles.

What? 4 pitchers? Am I nuts? Actually, no. If one looks at the "pitching" available outside the AL East, one should be very frightened to see that the "sleeper" KC Royals have Horacio Ramirez and Sidney "Sir Drinks-A-Lot" Ponson in their rotation. Kris Benson obviously learned how to remove a wooden stake. Carlos Silva and Jarrod Washburn have JOBS! Pavano is considered VALUABLE! Reyes, Zack Minor and Mark Hendrickson will pitch every 5th day.

At those prices? Keep the pitchers!
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Hambowen

#7 Post by Hambowen »

Dioner Navarro
Mike Aviles
Jhonny Peralta
Alex Gordon
Markakis
Shields
Jenks

I think this gives you the best keepers to build your team with. You will have 2b, ss, 3b filled with decent value players and allows you to still go after any value where you see it because you will not have to worry about filling those scarce positions and maybe overreaching on the last good guy available.

I love having flexibilty at the draft and I think these keepers allow that. You could keep Danks instead of Peralta if you are worried about the Al pitching options like Kid said. That would be only change I could see making though.

Tig

#8 Post by Tig »

please disregard this thread. new thread started.