Please Help Me Decide on 5 keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CleverNeverWrong

Please Help Me Decide on 5 keepers

#1 Post by CleverNeverWrong »

Hi all,

I'm in a Yahoo Mixed League H2H 7x7 Keeper League. Here's the team I just took over. The way keepers work is we can have 2 hitters, 2 pitchers and 1 flex (Hitter or Pitcher).

My roster, plus the round the player was selected in (and I would have them in this year, if I deemed as keeper).

Once we have our draft on March 27, anyone I don't choose as a keeper will be wiped away, and I will draft new players to replace.

C Mauer (round 4)
1B Adrian Gonzalez (round 2)
2B Howie Kendrick (round 15)
3B Adrian Beltre (round 11)
SS Derek Jeter (round 10)
OF Ryan Braun (round 1)
OF Matt Holliday (round 3)
OF Chris Davis (round 21)
OF Edwin Encarnacion (round 21)

SP - Yovano Gallardo (round 9)
SP Jordan Zimmerman (round 18)
SP Grant Balfour (round 15)
RP Joe Nathan (round 11)
RP Rafael Soriano (round 21)
P Max Scherzer (round 16)
P CJ Wilson (round 16)

Right now I am thinking Ryan Braun (best player, no-brainer), Adrian Beltre (a steal at round 11), Edwin Encarnacion (another steal at round 21) as well as Soriano (steal at round 21) and Jordan Zimmerman (steal at round 18)

That nucleus in my opinion gives me good draft values, and the ability to pair them up with even stronger players in the earlier rounds. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Captain Hook

Re: Please Help Me Decide on 5 keepers

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Agree very good players and with the exception of Braun who will always be a first rounder very good values for your other players

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I agree 100% with your hitter decisions, and I will be shocked if anyone on here suggests otherwise.

I also agree with Zimmermann.

However, I don't like keeping closers. I would keeper Scherzer over either of your closers. 220+ K's in round 16 = larceny

ETA: what pick do you have? because if you have #1 overall, keeping Braun would be a mistake. Keep someone else, then draft Braun at 1.1

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

AllstonRockCity wrote:I agree 100% with your hitter decisions, and I will be shocked if anyone on here suggests otherwise.

I also agree with Zimmermann.

However, I don't like keeping closers. I would keeper Scherzer over either of your closers. 220+ K's in round 16 = larceny

ETA: what pick do you have? because if you have #1 overall, keeping Braun would be a mistake. Keep someone else, then draft Braun at 1.1
What he said.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord