Al Only 4x4 - Keep S. Casilla at $5?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
whammer
Major League Regular

Al Only 4x4 - Keep S. Casilla at $5?

#1 Post by whammer »

With Devine out for a bit...Would you keep Casilla at $5 in al only 4x4?

Thoughts appreciated

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Al Only 4x4 - Keep S. Casilla at $5?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Personally I would not. More for the opportunity to get something better at that spot than the $5 investment.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

whammer
Major League Regular

#3 Post by whammer »

I hold Ziegler as well...does that change your opinion at all?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

nope - I don't like to use keepers on speculation
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

whammer
Major League Regular

#5 Post by whammer »

very interesting mr Zola...just curious as to your thoughts if Ziegler can hold job?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

1. Closer is not always awarded to the most highly skilled pitcher

2. Extreme groundballers that do not whiff many are susceptible to wild swings of luck, both good and bad. It is not a foregone conclusion Ziegler struggles. The infield defense should be pretty good with OCab and Ellis up the middle. My spidey sense says Crosby plays a lot at 3rd and he could do fine there.

3. I am not ruling Duchscherer out -- I may give him a couple of saves in this week's update to make that point.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

whammer wrote:very interesting mr Zola...just curious as to your thoughts if Ziegler can hold job?
In a purely objective sense, what have you seen to make you think he can't? The landscape is littered with "closers" who were appointed by acclimation or logic by people other than those in charge. Ziegler has already done the job for his current manager and Devine has always been a sexy "closer in waiting" type who has great stuff and has never done the job. In 4x4, Casilla is another one of those type guys - he's worth maybe a deuce - but not much more. Truth be told, I'd look towards Russ Springer before I'd look towards Casilla.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams