Trading For David Price

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
RandyKutcherHair

Trading For David Price

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

In a 12 team H2H mixed league draft I missed out on getting David Price by 1 pick. Now I am trying to make a deal for him. We keep 3 players in this league each year. Obvioulsy Price won't help for the first month or so but i believe that Rays will let him start when he is recalled. I offered Buehrle for Price; but was rejected. The other owner countered with an offer of Price for Harang.

Am I going overboard in my love for Price by thinking of accapting that offer, should I counter with some one like Jimenez, or should i just stick with what I have to start the season and forget about Price for right now?

I listed my pitching staff below:

ACTIVE PITCHERS
SP: Buehrle, Mark SP CHW
SP: Harang, Aaron SP CIN
SP: Harden, Rich SP CHC
SP: Jimenez, Ubaldo SP COL
SP: Myers, Brett SP PHI
SP: Shields, James SP TB
RP: Rivera, Mariano RP NYY
RESERVE PITCHERS
Kawakami, Kenshin SP ATL
Maholm, Paul SP PIT
Olsen, Scott SP WAS
Rodriguez, Wandy SP HOU
Gregg, Kevin RP CHI

Scoring for Pitching Categories:
ER = -1 pt/ INN = 1 pt/ K = 1 pt/ L = -5 pts/ W = 10 pts/ No Hitter = 15 pts/ S = 5 pts/ BS = -2 pts/ Shutout = 10 pts

Hambowen

Re: Trading For David Price

#2 Post by Hambowen »

I think you might be a little too excited about him, at least for this year.

Going forward if you want him as a keeper then i would try to get him but do not give up too much.

I would say 2 of your reserve pitchers Wandy and Kenshin I like just as much for this season. So you do not need him for this year but if you want him for next year wait a few weeks and maybe he may be more willing to trade him. More then likely it will be the end of May until he is called up and the owner may get impatient.

uharchmajor

#3 Post by uharchmajor »

agreed, at this point your going to have to overpay just to get him. And with only 3 keepers in a 12 team H2H, I'd likely just keep 3 bats.

RandyKutcherHair

#4 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

thanks for the input. i was thinking that i was getting a little carried away. i will see where things stand in a few weeks.

since i'm more of a al guy i don't really have a good grasp on the true value or potential of nl guys like harang, wandy, jimenez, etc. the keepers in this league are 1 bat, 1 pitcher, and 1 choice.

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

Yes, you are a little too excited about him. You won't be keeping him anyway with only 3 keepers. Why would you trade for a guy who's in the minors and a guy you will not be keeping anyway? I suppose I would deal Mark Buhrle for him but why deal Harang? Is Price going to be that much better in 2009 than Harang?

RandyKutcherHair

#6 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

You don't think Price will be a better pitcher keeper option then J. Shields?

uharchmajor

#7 Post by uharchmajor »

RandyKutcherHair wrote:You don't think Price will be a better pitcher keeper option then J. Shields?
what are the limits on keeping someone? For what it's going to take to get him, I don't think he's worth it. I'd probably wait a month and think about going after him...then the hype wil lhave settle at least a little.

Hambowen

#8 Post by Hambowen »

RandyKutcherHair wrote:You don't think Price will be a better pitcher keeper option then J. Shields?
Not really. Unless you think Price will become one of the top starters in baseball for next year then he will not be as good as shields. Which means he needs to show this year that he is a top 10 type pitcher for next year.

I could be wrong but I do not see that happening.

Mickey4081

#9 Post by Mickey4081 »

For 2010? No. I wouldn't even keep Shields with only 3 players kept.

uharchmajor

#10 Post by uharchmajor »

Mickey4081 wrote:
He has to keep 1 pitcher and Shields is probably his best option.

Mickey4081

#11 Post by Mickey4081 »

uharchmajor wrote:
Mickey4081 wrote:
He has to keep 1 pitcher and Shields is probably his best option.
I missed that, good catch. Agree with Shields as best option.