Trade Sandoval for Manny Parra

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Austinio

Trade Sandoval for Manny Parra

#1 Post by Austinio »

I'm offering Sandoval (C elig) for Manny Parra (who I'm high on).

It's 12 team H2H weekly league, SP tend to be pretty valuable with the 2 start/wk strategy, I usually try to load up on quality arms. I usually punt on closers and max on 2 starts/week.

Sandoval has C eligibility in my league (and I have Soto, we only play 1 C). the other thought is to move Soto if I can get a Tier 1 or 2 SP back.

My Team (12 Team H2H weekly transactions, Keep 5):
C- Soto;1B- C Davis; 2B - Kinsler; SS- Reyes; 3B - Wright; OF- Holliday, D Young, Werth; 1 Util spot - (Hafner, B Butler, Sandoval, I Stewart, Rasmus)
SP- Johan, Billingsley, B Myers, Garza, Cueto, Wandy, Sonnanstine, Bedard, Litsch

Do you think I should try to get more back for Sandoval?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade Sandoval for Manny Parra

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Try? You should always try to get the most for your available players. And for you, Sandoval should be available. But here is the issue. In a 12-team, 1 catcher league, he is borderline useful.

McCann, Soto, Martin, Doumit, V-Mart, B Molina definitely "better". Add a healthy Mauer and Napoli to that list and likely Wieters when he is called up.

That leaves 3 - 5 teams that might need him. Iannetta's owner probably would not make the deal.

So who would give up a better pitcher than Parra to get the incremental improvement of Sandoval?

I'd ask the teams with a weaker catcher if they are interested, but not at the expense of having the deal reneged.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Austinio

#3 Post by Austinio »

"Try not, do or do not" - Yoda.....

"try" was wrong word, I guess the real question is if Parra is worth Sandoval

I'll throw out some SP names for teams that could use Sandoval, IMO:

Team 1: J Johnson, Meche, Carmona, Maholm are of interest (he offered J Sanchez after draft and said best he could do, but Sandoval's been raking so a lot of hype right now may push him "higher") (currently no C -will have to pick up one)

Team 2: Carpenter, Parra, Jurrjens, M Cain, D Price (or I could offer Soto for Volquez or Cliff Lee) (R Hernandez at C)

Team 3: Harang, Erv Santana, J Danks, Nolasco (prob cost Soto for those guys) (AJ Pierzynski at C)

I've been talking to other owners re: Soto but not much cooking there at the moment.

My Plan right now:

go back to team 3, see if any of those guys he'd trade 1 for 1 (maybe I can sweeten it with another hitter or Litsch)
Team 2 offered Parra so I assume he'd take it if I offered it back (it was up for 3 days so he retracted)
Team 1 really wants him but isn't wanting to pay much for a C

Austinio

#4 Post by Austinio »

I re-offered the trade for Parra so hopefully he'll take it

Also, I reached out to Team 1 and told him I was wanting to see if he was still interested and that with the current offer I have, it would likely take Josh Johnson to get a deal done for Sandoval. I didn't name who I was getting back.

I'll let you know just for closure.

EDIT: Team 1 wasn't interested in trading J Johnson so I went with Parra and the other owner accepted. I feel great about adding a high upside SP to my team.