The Next Josh Hamilton?

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
ChipDog
Double-A

The Next Josh Hamilton?

#1 Post by ChipDog »

I have my auction draft this weekend, AL Only. Is there anyone out there this year that could be the Josh Hamilton of this year??? Sleeper and/or comback player that could explode?

Re: The Next Josh Hamilton?

#2 Post by Guest »

Some thoughts, since you're saying the next Hamilton this needs to be a guy I think could be a top tier player in 2009-2010-

Delmon Young - talent is there, will opportunity and performance match?
Nelson Cruz/Chris Davis - like Hamilton last year, everyone knows who they are, but will they do it?
Adam Jones - minors # say 20/20 is certainly doable.
Alex Gordon - perennial tease but 2006 AA season isn't that long ago.
Billy Butler - not sure his upside is Hamiltonian but he should rake. (longshot)
Josh Fields - if he can make enough contact the power is there (this is more longshot)
Travis Snider - someday. (huge monster longshot for 2009)

ChipDog
Double-A

#3 Post by ChipDog »

Thanks Gary ... nice suggestions.

And as a Royals fan, i'd love to see Butler and Gordon break out finally !
:)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Another couple of names, maybe not Hamiltonian, but definitely worth considering....

Shin Soo Choo
Kendry Morales
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Austinio

#5 Post by Austinio »

Ian Stewart

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Austinio wrote:Ian Stewart
It's AL only.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Austinio

#7 Post by Austinio »

Todd Zola wrote:
Austinio wrote:Ian Stewart
It's AL only.
:oops:
oops.....oh-uh, April Fools! :)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

Though I do agree with the Stewart sentiment in that he could be someone that bypasses most projections, mainly due to getting more playing time than many are projecting. As a full-timer, his ceiling is mid-20s HR, but that's not bad at all.

Other NL players off the top of my head that can out-produce conventional expectations...

Dukes, S Drew, F Lopez and....

Jeff Francouer.

cwk1963

#9 Post by cwk1963 »

I agree with Jones, Choo and Gordon in the AL.

In a NL I'd include Justin Upton?