NL pitcher

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

NL pitcher

#1 Post by Spread da wealth »

Need to replace Gee, in a 5x5 NL league with 9 teams. I'm 8th in K's and tied for 6th in wins (1st in the other pitching categories and second place overall), so I'd prefer a starter. We only have 7 pitchers on our staffs, so another reliever would really keep me down in wins and Ks.

Best available are Bailey, Pomeranz, Richard, and Volquez. I'm leaning toward Pomeranz, but would you avoid him this year due to lack of experience or pitching half of home games at Coors? He does have the highest Mastersball ROS value, but the Coors starts concern me. Which of the 4 do you prefer?

Best available reliever is Grilli, though again probably need a starter.

Thanks.

Captain Hook

Re: NL pitcher

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

might depend on whether you carry extra pitchers to activate/reserve each week

I like Edinson Volquez Clayton Richard especially IF I can pitch them in Petco (or two start weeks where one at home and the other is playable)

Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by Spread da wealth »

No, we don't have any of that. Our 7 pitchers stay active all the time. With that, what do you think? Thanks.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I would add Volquez .............and then keep an eye out should a better SP emerge

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

to be fair, all 4 pitchers are between $3 and $5 ROS value -- change the IP by 5 or 10 and the order could completely flip.

My guy would be Bailey - I like where his skills are going and I think he's ready to be successful in the GAB.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord