BJ Upton

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
momige
Major Leaguer

BJ Upton

#1 Post by momige »

Will you be adjusting his plate appearences due to his hand, or is that already included?

Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: BJ Upton

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Already included.

We have him at 601 plate appearances now. Figure about 700 PA for a spot at the top of the order and we have already accounted for his missing time.

The reasoning is i feel it is better to err on the side of caution. I would rather have added 50 PA than taken away 50 if we started him at 650 or so.

I'm in Vegas at the NFBC now and he us being drafted as if he is an opening day starter, fully recovered and with his power and speed sure to return. The ceiling is high, as is the risk.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord