DO I make this trade?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Bpak22
Major League Veteran

DO I make this trade?

#1 Post by Bpak22 »

5x5 Mixed, Roto, K/9 instead of K's. 12 team, deep benches.

My pitching is putrid after loss of Leubke. (Haren, Parker, Billingsley, Capuano, Nolasco, with Lilly, Garcia, Carpenter on Shelf and Oswalt, Medlen deadspots on my bench). The wire is bare, with Gee, Noesi, Chris Young as only available SP's with a pulse.

My offense is strong with the likes of Hamilton, Prince, Agonzo, Napoli, Beltran, etc.

I was offered Ryan Zimmerman and Yu Darvish for Agonzo. Do I make this deal?

Thanks for the help.
12 Team, 5x5 standard categories, except k/9 over ks. 1 Catcher, Daily CBS league, NO MI, NO CI, mandatory 4 SP, 2 RP daily, no Util pitcher Spot.

Captain Hook

Re: DO I make this trade?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Bpak22 wrote:5x5 Mixed, Roto, K/9 instead of K's. 12 team, deep benches.

My pitching is putrid after loss of Leubke. (Haren, Parker, Billingsley, Capuano, Nolasco, with Lilly, Garcia, Carpenter on Shelf and Oswalt, Medlen deadspots on my bench). The wire is bare, with Gee, Noesi, Chris Young as only available SP's with a pulse.

My offense is strong with the likes of Hamilton, Prince, Agonzo, Napoli, Beltran, etc.

I was offered Ryan Zimmerman and Yu Darvish for Agonzo. Do I make this deal?

Thanks for the help.
In a NY minute

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Bpak22 wrote:5x5 Mixed, Roto, K/9 instead of K's. 12 team, deep benches.

My pitching is putrid after loss of Leubke. (Haren, Parker, Billingsley, Capuano, Nolasco, with Lilly, Garcia, Carpenter on Shelf and Oswalt, Medlen deadspots on my bench)

Really not that bad with the exception of Billingsley and the injured pitchers not being there for you

The wire is bare, with Gee, Noesi, Chris Young as only available SP's with a pulse.

Not sure why you are so down on Gee - almost a strikeout per inning and getting some wins - if you think THAT is bare don't get in any deeper league (and almost everything outside ESPN or Yahoo would be)

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bpak22 »

Well that's just it...I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Darvish is over a guy like Gee. Tough schedule coming up, but his peripherals are fairly strong...Gee that is.

I think I'd almost rather Agonzo and Gee over Zimmerman and Yu.....therein lies my dilemma.

Oh, and the fact that Agonzo is due to explode any week now.
12 Team, 5x5 standard categories, except k/9 over ks. 1 Catcher, Daily CBS league, NO MI, NO CI, mandatory 4 SP, 2 RP daily, no Util pitcher Spot.

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Darvish has FAR more upside than Gee
(true we don't know how he will handle summer in the USA....)

And GonzA is not going to explode .....how much of last year and first third of this year do you expect to change?......especially when they keep moving him back and forth from 1B to RF

I would much rather have Zimmerman in my lineup

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

Bpak22 wrote:Well that's just it...I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Darvish is over a guy like Gee. Tough schedule coming up, but his peripherals are fairly strong...Gee that is.
Last post you said the waiver wire was bare which included Gee.....Now he is as good as Darvish?

What's up here?

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#7 Post by Bpak22 »

Im not saying he's as good as Darvish, but I'm trying to weigh the strength of this trade with what I need and what is available on the wire.

Gee I mentioned, as he is probably the only ownable SP left on the wire....so my classification of it as "bare" still remains accurate in my opinion. Your comments regarding Gee though are important to me in assessing the deal, because you agree that he is a startable enough body such that I'd almost rather keep the upgrade of Agonzo vs. Zimmerman and deal with a Gee, over making the deal solely for a struggling Yu who may struggle more mightily when the league catches up to him and it gets hotter in Texas.

Oh decisions, decisions....