Trade Advice: Looking to acquire Pujols, Beltre or Grandy

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Trade Advice: Looking to acquire Pujols, Beltre or Grandy

#1 Post by tybs »

I have a potential trade partner in a 12 team, 5x5, non HTH roto league. As of now, I'm strong in SP (Lee, Greinke, Beachy, Cueto, Garcia, McDonald, Vogelsong, Capuano, E. Santana), weak in HR and RBI (Posey, Freeman, Cano, Reyes, Reynolds, Choo, Boesch, Pagan, Viciedo, Aviles, Seager, A. Jackson and Jennings (both DL-returning this week I hope) and I need another closer if I expect to compete for saves (Putz, Reed, Thayer (Street due back Tues. which makes him droppable).

I'm willing to give up Reyes who the guy wants. I believe I have enough players to continue to compete in steals and speed is usually more readily available in free agency than other categories. I also think I should be OK in runs if I lose Reyes since I would be getting runs back. Which of the three players in the subject line should I look to acquire and which SP should I offer? I don't want to part with Lee despite his lack of wins to date. Greinke can't seem to pitch away from Miller Park and I think Beachy is due for a regression so one of them would be preferable. I doubt if any of my other SP will be acceptable. Also, which closer should I look to acquire (J. Johnson, Nathan, Soriano (I like Nathan best of the three in the long term)?

Thanks for any input.

Captain Hook

Re: Trade Advice: Looking to acquire Pujols, Beltre or Grandy

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:I have a potential trade partner in a 12 team, 5x5, non HTH roto league. As of now, I'm strong in SP (Lee, Greinke, Beachy, Cueto, Garcia, McDonald, Vogelsong, Capuano, E. Santana), weak in HR and RBI (Posey, Freeman, Cano, Reyes, Reynolds, Choo, Boesch, Pagan, Viciedo, Aviles, Seager, A. Jackson and Jennings (both DL-returning this week I hope) and I need another closer if I expect to compete for saves (Putz, Reed, Thayer (Street due back Tues. which makes him droppable).

I'm willing to give up Reyes who the guy wants. I believe I have enough players to continue to compete in steals and speed is usually more readily available in free agency than other categories. I also think I should be OK in runs if I lose Reyes since I would be getting runs back. Which of the three players in the subject line should I look to acquire and which SP should I offer? I don't want to part with Lee despite his lack of wins to date. Greinke can't seem to pitch away from Miller Park and I think Beachy is due for a regression so one of them would be preferable. I doubt if any of my other SP will be acceptable. Also, which closer should I look to acquire (J. Johnson, Nathan, Soriano (I like Nathan best of the three in the long term)?

Thanks for any input.
I like all of the hitters, but have more confidence for numbers this year from Beltre

Closers I like Nathan and Jim Johnson in that order

so if this is the same trade partner you are offering
Reyes and a SP for
Beltre and Nathan

If that is correct I would try and sell high on Capuano - show him the numbers and remind pitching in Dodger Stadium.....if that doesn't work try Cueto - with both you can help sell with saying that you are giving up the best player in the deal in Reyes

Not sure why you think you need four closers but Nathan is better than the guys you have now

tybs

#3 Post by tybs »

Thanks Hook. Getting Beltre would give me an every day starter at 3B, but he's also the most likely of the three to get hurt considering his history of hamstring issues. Regarding your question on the closers, Dale Thayer will no longer be the closer for SD when Street is activated tomorrow which would leave me with two, hence the need for another closer.

Thanks again.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:Thanks Hook. Getting Beltre would give me an every day starter at 3B, but he's also the most likely of the three to get hurt considering his history of hamstring issues. Regarding your question on the closers, Dale Thayer will no longer be the closer for SD when Street is activated tomorrow which would leave me with two, hence the need for another closer.

Thanks again.
splainame Lucy
1) Putz
2) Reed
3) Street

tybs

#5 Post by tybs »

Hook: I don't own Street.

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:Hook: I don't own Street.
Sorry I misread your list above because it sounded like you would be activating Street for Thayer