FAAB Sunday - rate these available pitching options

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

FAAB Sunday - rate these available pitching options

#1 Post by viper »

Ten team NL only - 5x5 with k/9 instead of K. No bench so you must have pitchers active, even in Coors.
I am hopelessly last in K/9 so do not consider the category. Just consider ratios and that elusive butterfly called WINS.
[ADDED] This is for the rest of the season in a redraft league.

I am ridding myself of Mike Minor. I got him about a month ago. In spite of his attempts, I still have a relatively comfortable 10 in both ERA & WHIP.

Options are Stults (SD), Richard (SD), Eovaldi (LAD) & Fiers (MIL)

I have Estrada on the DL but when he returns I can add him by releasing a MR so this is an independent move.

FAAB is due at 11pm tonight.
Last edited by viper on June 3rd, 2012, 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: FAAB Sunday - rate these available pitching options

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

After what I just posted from Bill Madden about the Padres, it's gotta be Eovaldi.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

As a streamer, I agree. My question is for the rest of the year.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Answer stands. I never answer streaming strategies. Not well versed enough in it and don't accept the concept.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

viper wrote:Ten team NL only - 5x5 with k/9 instead of K. No bench so you must have pitchers active, even in Coors.
I am hopelessly last in K/9 so do not consider the category. Just consider ratios and that elusive butterfly called WINS.
[ADDED] This is for the rest of the season in a redraft league.

I am ridding myself of Mike Minor. I got him about a month ago. In spite of his attempts, I still have a relatively comfortable 10 in both ERA & WHIP.

Options are Stults (SD), Richard (SD), Eovaldi (LAD) & Fiers (MIL)

I have Estrada on the DL but when he returns I can add him by releasing a MR so this is an independent move.

FAAB is due at 11pm tonight.
My list would be
1) Fiers
2) Eovaldi
3) Stults
4) Richard (who might actually be better than 3 if not 2 but can only pitch in Petco)