Aviles for Casilla?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Aviles for Casilla?

#1 Post by tybs »

An owner in my 12 team, non HTH 5x5 roto league just lost Tulo and he has no other SS on his roster. Not much on the wire. I need a closer. My current closers are Putz, Reed and Thayer. Thayer has come down to earth and Street should be back soon which should render him droppable.

I offered him Seager for Casilla and he declined. I'm thinking of substituting Aviles for Seager. Both have 3 position eligibility. Aviles has 208 AB, .264 BA, 30 R, 8 HR, 32 RBI and 6 SB. Seager has 176 AB, .278 BA, 25 R, 5 HR, 28 RBI and 5 SB. I have no idea what will happen the rest of the season but right now the numbers are very similar considering that Aviles has 32 more AB. Cano, Reyes and Reynolds (when he's hitting) are my starters at 2B, SS and 3B respectively.

Would I be giving up too much by substituting Aviles for Seager to get a closer I sorely need if I want to compete in saves? Thanks for any advice.

deansdaddy

Re: Aviles for Casilla?

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

I think Aviles is worth giving up for a closer considering what else you have. Seager makes a nice hedge on Reynolds, but Reynolds is finally off the DL and he could start mashing again at anytime. Seager could have some PT issues as the year goes along as A Liddi is the 3B of the future for the organization, so he may get more and more playing time as time goes by.

You have to give up something to get something.

Captain Hook

Re: Aviles for Casilla?

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Good trade for you