Deciding between Oswalt, Hutchison or Masterson

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
brooklyn49
Major League Veteran

Deciding between Oswalt, Hutchison or Masterson

#1 Post by brooklyn49 »

Looking for a SP to fill the spot created by Halladay going on the DL. The top free agents I am considering are Roy Oswalt, Drew Hutchison or Justin Masterson. Advice sought.
13 Team, Mixed, Rotisserie League with Daily Transactions
525 IP Limit; 60 Games per position
Hitting: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, BA, Hits, BB, Total Bases, OPS
Pitching: W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K's, HR Allowed, Holds, K/BB, QS

Hitting:
C: O. Narváez 1B: P. Goldschmidt 2B: C. Biggio 3B: M. Muncy SS: M. Semien MI: C. Hernández CI: C. Santana OF: M. Conforto, B. Harper, A. McCutchen, T. Edman Utility: N. Cruz
Pitching:
SP: M. Minor, K. Maeda, C. Martínez, N. Pearson, J. Montgomery, C. Bassitt
CL: H. Neris, N. Burdi, A. Bass
SU: P. Báez, Y. Petit, B. Treinen

Bench: E. Thames, N. Solak, T. Grisham, J. Berti
DL: J. Verlander, S. Oberg

Captain Hook

Re: Deciding between Oswalt, Hutchison or Masterson

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Well Oswalt won't be pitching for the Rangers for three weeks or so - that is a long time to still have a zero in the lineup

Masterson has been maddeninly inconsistent but has the ability to have some nice games while Hutchison's best game was his last start. I think if it is those two you should look at their schedules and projected matchups.............But I think you can do better. Kyle Kendrick had a great outing last time out and will be in the Phillies rotation now - he also gets to strike out opposing pitchers although for several of the weeks upcoming there is Interleague play so again a schedule might help you decide.....also I would look at Garrett Richards of the Angels now up to take Weaver's slot