(H2H) How do I get this trade?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

(H2H) How do I get this trade?

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

Found a potential trade target - has of bat i need, has sp I need, and has the closer I need.He also is dead last in standings.

I'm thinking something along the lines of one of these 4 offers.He already declined the 1st one.Any advice here on what to offer/target? Or is it more of what his patience level is moreso than actual offer?

Offer 1. Try Moose and Jennings for Upton.
Offer 2:Heyward and Garcia for Upton and papelbon (or zimmerman)
Offer 3. Maybe Bumgarner and Thayer for Doc H
Offer 4. Maybe even go as far as Hanley, Pagan, and zambrano for Halladay and papelbon.

C - Weiters
1B - Teixeira
2B - Phillips
SS - Tulowitzki
3B - Hanley
OF - De Aza/Granderson/Heyward/Pagan
UTIL - Freeman
BN - Altuve/Moustakas/Craig
DL - Jennings

SP - Greinke/Bumgarner
RP - Casilla/Soriano
P - Morrow/Garcia/Thayer/Zambrano
----------------------------------------------------
C - McCann
1B - Dunn
2B - Kipnis
SS - Seager
3B - Arod
OF - Melky/Bryce/B.Upton/C.Young
UTIL - Reddick
BN - M.Young
DL - Kemp

SP - Halladay/Sabathia
RP - League/Papelbon
P - Shields/Lilly/Lohse/Zimmerman
BN - Miley/Westbrook

Big Mike

Re: (H2H) How do I get this trade?

#2 Post by Big Mike »

my question is ... how is this guy you're looking at in last place??

MaestroJay

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

Case of it being H2H and not roto I suppose.Only offensive category he has more than 2 wins in is R, 0 wins in saves,1 in whip.Main reason i'm targeting him is potential lack of patience from being in last.

tybs

#4 Post by tybs »

I'm not sure if I do any of those deals if I'm him. I also question how he's in last place with that team. I don't think that will last because that team has too much talent no matter the format with Beast Mode due back soon.

MaestroJay

#5 Post by MaestroJay »

It's really just me trying to find a way to take advantage of his early season struggles.

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

MaestroJay wrote:It's really just me trying to find a way to take advantage of his early season struggles.
The best way to get a trade done is NOT to wonder what he might take, but to use some old fashioned communication > pick up the phone and TALK to him.....just commiserate with him on the slow starts and ask what he is looking for without broaching a specific offer.....a little discussion will tell you whether you can make a deal with him

AND I wouldn't be offering a TON for Halladay - true you might get him lower than normal but it's not like he is pitching like vintage Doc

Mickey4081

#7 Post by Mickey4081 »

Offer him Tulowitzki for Matt Kemp. Move Hanley to short and Moose back to 3rd. See if he bites. I'm not sure of the extent of Kemp's injury but I'd take a shot at it.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

Kemp is playing in minor league rehab this weekend and is expected back Tuesday.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord