Which injured SP would you trade away?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
deansdaddy

Which injured SP would you trade away?

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

I have a deal in the works in a my Roto 500 league (8x8 roto - OBP, RP, SB, HR / W, K's, WHIP, Net S+H) where I get Hosmer and J Peralta and give up Castro and one of the following injured P's. Huston Street, Vance Worley, Chris Carpenter or Brett Anderson. If you had to choose one of these four - who would you deal away?

This is a keeper league, and I would be able to keep Anderson and Street for two more years. I am leaning letting go of Carpenter, due mainly to age. We want to get Hosmer for some help in the power department, but with D Gordon our only other SS, we need coverage in case (when) he gets sent down thus we asked for Peralta which prompted this owner to ask for an arm. Here is the rest of our staff: Halladay, Weaver, A Sanchez, Wainwright, L Lynn, Vogelsong, C Lewis, Bucholtz then Worley, Anderson and Carp. In the pen we have Rodney, A Reed, Downs, Walden, Street, Thayer.

Our 1B options are LaHair, Carp and Lind - so you see the need for Hosmer. Up the middle we still have J Weeks, Infante, Gordon and recently faab'ed E Herrera.

Captain Hook

Re: Which injured SP would you trade away?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Worley - extent of the injury is not clear and he doesn't have the upside of the others

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

We actually went Carpenter - but the obvious other player discussed was Worley. The other guy didn't REALLY want Worley, so we didn't push it and he took Carpenter. My take is that Carpenter won't be back til mid July at the earliest, and even that is optimistic. Still - when he makes it back he'll be pretty good most likely.

Read today that Worely has a bone chip by that the second opinion cleared him of ligament damage. What is left to be seen is IF he can still pitch effectively through the pain and discomfort he's going to have. We'll see.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

A caveat in this league is with the injury, Worley's keeper price is likely going to be $1 next season since he'll no doubt be negative this season.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

That was a factor for me as my partner in the league suggested dropping Worley and part of my talking him out of it was that with no Tommy John on the horizon, he was still a viable keeper candidate.