4 H2H Category wins in 2 weeks?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

4 H2H Category wins in 2 weeks?

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

Over the last 2 weeks I have gone 4-13-3 and dropped 3 spots in my 10 team H2H league standings. I don't like to make any trades this early in the season unless I have to, and I don't really have any pieces super tradeable.Anything glaringly major to do? Or am I just overreacting to the cold bat/slow start/injury cycle that seems to be plaguing team.

C - Weiters
1B - Teixeira
2B - Phillips
SS - Tulo
3B - Hanley
OF - LaHair/Granderson/Heyward/De Aza
UTIL - Freeman
BN - Altuve/Moustakas/Pagan
DL - Jennings

SP - Greinke/Bumgarner
RP - Casilla/Soriano
P - Thayer/Morrow/Zambrano/Garcia

Captain Hook

Re: 4 H2H Category wins in 2 weeks?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

MaestroJay wrote:Over the last 2 weeks I have gone 4-13-3 and dropped 3 spots in my 10 team H2H league standings. I don't like to make any trades this early in the season unless I have to, and I don't really have any pieces super tradeable.Anything glaringly major to do? Or am I just overreacting to the cold bat/slow start/injury cycle that seems to be plaguing team.

C - Weiters
1B - Teixeira
2B - Phillips
SS - Tulo
3B - Hanley
OF - LaHair/Granderson/Heyward/De Aza
UTIL - Freeman
BN - Altuve/Moustakas/Pagan
DL - Jennings

SP - Greinke/Bumgarner
RP - Casilla/Soriano
P - Thayer/Morrow/Zambrano/Garcia

Well I am against overrreacting or making changes based soley on record............BUT
1) Teixeira is a notiously slow starter compounded by sickness this year - with such good bench alternatives you should bench him until you see his announcement - you can play LaHair or Freeman at 1B

I think you need to give the others time to come out otherwise you will be selling short anyway

MaestroJay

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

To be fair, in the last 2 week period Weiters,Freeman,Granderson,Heyward,LaHair are sub .200 In the last 7 Weiters and LaHair are below .100 avg and Freeman/Heyward below .200.Pagan just went day to day with food poisoning, Teixeira is just coming off of day to day.Freeman missed a couple of days with health problems, and Jennings went on DL.

With LaHair having another 0fer, is it time to cut bait or still wait and see how bad it can actually get before dropping?

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

MaestroJay wrote:To be fair, in the last 2 week period Weiters,Freeman,Granderson,Heyward,LaHair are sub .200 In the last 7 Weiters and LaHair are below .100 avg and Freeman/Heyward below .200.Pagan just went day to day with food poisoning, Teixeira is just coming off of day to day.Freeman missed a couple of days with health problems, and Jennings went on DL.

With LaHair having another 0fer, is it time to cut bait or still wait and see how bad it can actually get before dropping?
Well obviously depends on the alternatives but I would just bench him and wait - you can't find that power potential in the FA pile

MaestroJay

#5 Post by MaestroJay »

My on team OF alternative (Pagan) is battling food poisoning.

Vicideo,Moreland,Soriano,Scott,Nava,Blanco,Morgan,DeJesuus,Dyson,Torres are towards the top in HR/RBI or R on the wire over last 7 days.

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

MaestroJay wrote:My on team OF alternative (Pagan) is battling food poisoning.

Vicideo,Moreland,Soriano,Scott,Nava,Blanco,Morgan,DeJesuus,Dyson,Torres are towards the top in HR/RBI or R on the wire over last 7 days.
Well I wouldn't give up LaHair but several of those guys are playable especially Nava with Ross and Sweeney battling injuries for the short term

Dyson is the best speed/run guy there and probably has a month left in CF for the Royals

Really if the FA list is going to have that many playable choices you can always use the last bench spot to cycle in hot hitters.

Mickey4081

#7 Post by Mickey4081 »

This team is good enough to win each week, however, I would carry extra pitchers and double start whenever possible. Don't waste roster space with guys you're not likely going to use. I'd cut Altuve, Pagan and Lahair and scoop up next weeks good starting pitchers. Is anyone looking for a first baseman? Maybe you could package a deal for an upgrade in your outfield. Trade Tex and Altuve or Altuve/Freeman.

You've got a pretty good team but even good teams go thru slumps. I thinks that's your case here.