H2H - 4 losing weeks concern time or variance?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

H2H - 4 losing weeks concern time or variance?

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

I am heading into week 8 of a 10 team mixed H2H with a record of 33-29-8 with a w/l record of 3-4.I'm just wondering if I am seeing early season short term variance (which will cause me to drop atleast 3 spots in overall standings after managing 5 total category wins between week 6 and week 7), or if it's time to make some wire moves/trades? This is a daily league, with 10 roster move a week limit, and 7 IP min.

Really LaHair(cold bat),Pagan (Sb help when/if i don't have Jennings,Altuve in lineup),Thayer (job security?), Soriano (hasn't pitched at all this week),Zambrano (better options on wire? use slot for daily streaming?) are the most easily swapped without trading.

C - Weiters
1B - Teixeira
2B - Phillips
SS - Tulo
3B - Hanley
OF - Granderson/LaHair/De Aza/Heyward
UTIL - Freeman
BN - Altuve/Moose/Pagan
DL - Jennings

SP - Greinke/Bumgarner
RP - Casilla/Thayer
P - Soriano/Zambrano/Morrow/Garcia
-----------------------------------------

Bats on wire - Gregor Blanco,J.P. Arencibia,Will Middlebrooks,Elliot Johnson,Dayan Vicideo,David DeJesus,Mike Napoli (clears waivers 22nd),Rajai Davis,A.J. Ellis,Ian Desmond,Daniel Murphy,Alfonso Soriano,Daniel Nava,Brian Dozier,Mitch Moreland,Tony Campana,Dustin Ackley,Anthoy Rizzo,Welington Castillo,Nolan Arenado

SP on wire - Erik Bedard,Jerome Williams,Scott Diamond,Ervin Santana,Wei-Yen Chen,Ryan Vogelsong,Brad Lincoln,Edwin Jackson,Christian Friedrich,Phil Hughes,AJ Burnett,RA Dickey,Andy Pettite,Derek Lowe,Alex Cobb

RP - Matt Capps,Sean Marshall,Frank Francisco,Casey Janssen,Rafael Dolis,Pedro Strop,David Robertson,Alexi Ogando,Jon Rauch,Scott Downs,Tyler Clippard,Koji Uehara,Sergio Romo,Craig Stamman

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: H2H - 4 losing weeks concern time or variance?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Moves should be independent of how you are doing -- moves should be made for one reason, whether you are undefeated or if you are scuffling -- moves should be made if you are improving your team.

The sole exception is if you have no way to make the playoffs unless you take risks.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Big Mike

#3 Post by Big Mike »

I'm never concerned with strictly W/L for a couple of weeks. Yout need to look at WHY youre losing. I mean, if you happened to run into a team with Hamilton/Beltran last week, it's just the luck of the draw (same opponent this week would be more beatable). If, however, you've hit the skids because you were overachieving earlier ... well, then it is time make some adjustments.

MaestroJay

#4 Post by MaestroJay »

Categorically speaking I only have 2 wins so far in SB,AVG,K,Whip.So it really boils down to figuring out how to improve in those without sacrifice elsewhere.

Quick fix for SB - putting Pagan in for LaHair, and Altuve at 2B/UTIL (only Pagan,De Aza and Altuve have more than 1 sb in last 14 days.). Con here being the power drop off depending on who gets benched.

Quick fix for K - using Zambrano slot for daily Streaming pro more shots at wins/ con risk era/whip

Quick fix for whip - go the MRP/SU route in a couple of pitching slots con here being the sacrifices else where.

AVG - not much to do here short of trade, as only Phillips,Hanley,Tulo,De Aza,Pagan,Moose are hitting above .240 over last 14 days.