Brian Dozier

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Brian Dozier

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I know nothing about him. Does anyone have any insight aside from what can be looked up on milb.com? FWIW Grady says he is now their full time SS <<eyes roll>>. In my 10 team AL only where ABs are tough to come by I am contemplating putting in a bid. I have 2 or 3 roster spots I am planning on opening up tonight during FAAB. I am currently leaning toward throwing a minimal bid at him (or maybe no bid), as I am pretty deep at MI (Cano, Jeter, E.Nunez, G.Beckham, B.Roberts). I have bigger needs in OF and pitching. Unfortunately, there is not much there in either department. It's amazing, given all the closer turn over this year, I have missed on every one of my speculative plays <<sigh>>.

Thanks!
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: Brian Dozier

#2 Post by Kelly_Leak »

It took some digging, but I was able to find the following from Rob (still looking for other's opinions too):

Minnesota’s Brian Dozier is a bit more of an offensive shortstop and maybe able to play the position at the Major League level but second base is probably a better fit.  The Twins had him play at High-A and Double-A ball last year and he topped .300 at both levels while hitting 9 homers and stealing 24 bags.  Dozier is also a rather good contact hitter (85% at Double-A being a decline for him) and a patient hitter at that, drawing double-digit walks throughout the lower minors.  Keep in mind that Dozier has been consistently old for his level and he will turn 25 in May.  This screams “in need of a challenge”.  It would a shame to see the Twins have him start the year off in Double-A again especially when you consider the Twins’ mediocre to poor production from their middle infield as it currently stands.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

That covers what I had to offer

GOOD -- patience and contact

NOT SO GOOD -- old for his level

This sort of thing actually speaks towards my rant/whining/observations from my Friday piece.

We have no idea what he is going to do and what he does, in a short sample, may not be indicative of his true skills.

But, due to the landscape of AL only play, where there is nothing on the wire, he is going to be picked up "just because" and if he plays well, someone is going to bet a boost.

in mixed leagues, he is going to be picked up because there is always someone that picks up the rookie callups. if he does good, well... I'll get off of my soapbox.

My little black box puts him at .253, 5 HR, 10 SB in 400 PA.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Kelly_Leak wrote:I know nothing about him. Does anyone have any insight aside from what can be looked up on milb.com? FWIW Grady says he is now their full time SS <<eyes roll>>. In my 10 team AL only where ABs are tough to come by I am contemplating putting in a bid. I have 2 or 3 roster spots I am planning on opening up tonight during FAAB. I am currently leaning toward throwing a minimal bid at him (or maybe no bid), as I am pretty deep at MI (Cano, Jeter, E.Nunez, G.Beckham, B.Roberts). I have bigger needs in OF and pitching. Unfortunately, there is not much there in either department. It's amazing, given all the closer turn over this year, I have missed on every one of my speculative plays <<sigh>>.

Thanks!
You can pick up Dozier and play him wherever you have Nunez
and then move Nunez to your weak OF slot

I would definitely throw a couple of bucks at him - I liked him last year in the AFL but Minnesota likes to play old guys (why else would they give Jamey Carroll a two year contract when nobody else in ML would give him a one year deal).....Dozier is one of those guys who is a better fantasy MI than in real life