3B replacement options

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
DMT_RJ
Triple-A

3B replacement options

#1 Post by DMT_RJ »

12 team mixed roto 5x5 with ob & slug instead of ba & hr, weekly transactions.

Need a replacement for Youk, these guys are available.

Listed in order of present ranking using our league stats:

C Johnson
Seager
Alvarez
Chipper
Wiggy
Andino

None of these guys are too exciting but I might be stuck with one all season if Youk continues his descent into irrelevance. Middlebrooks had a solid debut but not sure whether he'll stick once Youk returns so I don't want to blow a lot of FAAB on him; the Longoria owner will probably bid around 20 for him, as he did the same for Lawrie and Hosmer last year.

TIA

deansdaddy

Re: 3B replacement options

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

You have enough options here to survive.

I hear you on Middlebrooks and you know your league mates bidding patterns better than I, but if you like Middlebrooks don't let what someone else "might" bid keep you from bidding at al in that case. Just bid what you feel you want to, rather than what you think it will take to get a guy. You never know, sometimes you get him for that lower number. Who knows - Seager and Chris Johnson both had 2 HR games yesterday. Chipper himself had an epic walk-off himself. Alvarez had 2 HR's and 5 rbi's in the two games prior to yesterday. That's plenty of 3B noise swirling around Middlebrooks, who likely will get sent back down once Youk comes back. Will so many options, I don't think you should break the bank for any of them. I personally would drop Seager down below at least Chipper, as Carp coming back and Liddi hitting (and Figgins still there. means he's not going to play everyday necessarily.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

I would treat it as a stopgap and not a year long replacement and grab Chipper. if you were to calculate your league points on a per game basis, he would be closer to the top.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

well we really should know............Keeper or Redraft?

AND what happens if you have a player sent to the minors? ie - can he be minors reserved?

DMT_RJ
Triple-A

#5 Post by DMT_RJ »

Captain Hook wrote:well we really should know............Keeper or Redraft?

AND what happens if you have a player sent to the minors? ie - can he be minors reserved?
It's a keeper league with a 5-man bench. If players are demoted they can be kept on the bench but no separate minors system. As for FA keeper salaries, they are the winning FAAB bid.

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

DMT_RJ wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:well we really should know............Keeper or Redraft?

It's a keeper league with a 5-man bench. If players are demoted they can be kept on the bench but no separate minors system. As for FA keeper salaries, they are the winning FAAB bid.
Well as long as you are competing for this year (and I hope you are) those two things negate any interest in going for Middlebrooks.

Agree with Todd - go for Chipper and hope Youk is ready before Jones takes his VT