Using S.T.A.R.T during a draft.

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
steve9781

Using S.T.A.R.T during a draft.

#1 Post by steve9781 »

I would really like to use START in my upcoming live draft ( I don't think it's possible to use in an online draft due to the faster pace). I am concerned about the distraction it could cause me. Wondering about others success/ failures using the tool. Normally I bring a tier ranking sheet that I cross players off, a sheet with my catagory targets that I subtract from as I draft players and an ABC sorted player projection list and current depth chart and games played by position. Wondering what others think. I've also debated using a sheet for every team with all positions to fill listed that I could cross off to help me know the needs of each team, without having to write each players name down.

The advantage to using START is obvious, to help me see where I'm stacking up vs other teams in the league and the program will give me catagory totals for all teams, including my own ( which I can't do myself, during a draft).

The disadvantage is that I will lose time inputing picks that would be better served evaluting the player pool and draft results.

cwk1963

Re: Using S.T.A.R.T during a draft.

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

Any chance of bringing someone who can help you?

steve9781

#3 Post by steve9781 »

cwk1963 wrote:Any chance of bringing someone who can help you?
Nope, league rules allow only 1 owner present. :roll:

#4 Post by Guest »

If you're worried about it, don't use it.

Seriously. Enjoy the day, don't stress it out.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

i just did an NFBC auction old school, just tiers and it was a breeze!!

If you want to use it, my suggestion is only to enter the team number and not worry about position as the code is still a bit clumsy. You have to track how many OF, P etc the team has drafted. That gets tedious and distracts. On my "Toddy-do" list is learning how to write the code so only OF or P has to be entered as a position.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord