Dirks .vs. Gentry or more

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Dirks .vs. Gentry or more

#1 Post by viper »

I have an OF of Rasmus, Dirks, Sweeney, Saunders & Jones. My DL has Gardner & Gutierrez so help is on the way. For now, I would like to get a bit of production as I wait. Dirks isn't playing. Available OFs getting ABs and producing a bit is limited to Gentry & Gomes.

I assumed I would drop Jones once Gardner returned and then wait on the Gutierrez/Saunders situation for at least a week to see what to do. But I hate losing ABs. My team BA is .310 with a .272 in 2nd so I can stand a BA hit.

RotoWorld says Dirks hit BP but I have no clue when he may be back. Our FAAB is tonight.

Given my 5 OF, should I make a bid on Gentry or Gomes and, if so, who should go.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: Dirks .vs. Gentry or more

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

viper wrote:I have an OF of Rasmus, Dirks, Sweeney, Saunders & Jones. My DL has Gardner & Gutierrez so help is on the way. For now, I would like to get a bit of production as I wait. Dirks isn't playing. Available OFs getting ABs and producing a bit is limited to Gentry & Gomes.

I assumed I would drop Jones once Gardner returned and then wait on the Gutierrez/Saunders situation for at least a week to see what to do. But I hate losing ABs. My team BA is .310 with a .272 in 2nd so I can stand a BA hit.

RotoWorld says Dirks hit BP but I have no clue when he may be back. Our FAAB is tonight.

Given my 5 OF, should I make a bid on Gentry or Gomes and, if so, who should go.
Presuming that is Andruw Jones I would drop him in a heartbeat to pick up Gomes (HR/RBI) or Gentry (SB).............but Gomes gets more at bats so he would be my first choice