Lance Lynn

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
AllstonRockCity

Lance Lynn

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

What's the deal here??

Since he's in the NL, I don't know anything about him.

The numbers from last year (out of the pen, right?) look great and this year's look just as good given that he's starting.

In my 10 team mix it looks like Ubaldo isn't going to be the source of K's I wanted him to be and am strongly considering swapping him out for Lynn. My pitching is surprisingly awesome (Halladay, Beachy, Leubke, Zimmermann and McCarthy) but I am currently sporting a 3 in K's, so I feel that's my biggest need.

Kenley is also available for some K's but I have enough relievers already (Motte, JJohnson, Casilla, Farnsworth)

Do I bid strong, bid weak or pass??

Some replies by about 1pm EST would be most appreciated.

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: Lance Lynn

#2 Post by Kelly_Leak »

In a 10 team league I think it makes sense to grab the hot hand and play matchups. I would probably make a bid in the 2% to 3% range of total FAAB. I don't really know much about Lynn either, but I did grab him last week in a 12 team mixed for $0 and like the results for the week. Is this weekly transactions?
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

yeah, its a weekly league. he starts WED this week coming which means he'll be a 2 start pitcher the following week, which adds to the allure a bit

thanks

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Lynn has pitched extremely well and should have already been plucked off the wire - even in a league that shallow.....while I haven't heard anything about Carpenter returning soon it would bear checking and you should also check the schedule to make sure the two start week is a plus................IF both those check out I would raise your bid a little