Adrien Beltre's hammy

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
deansdaddy

Adrien Beltre's hammy

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

Beltre hurt his hamstring the other day.

For those with good memories - you will recall it was a hamstring injury that sidelined him for almost 5 weeks last year.

He says this injury isn't as bad and that he hopes to be back on the field when the rangers face the Rays later in the week. Those in weekly leagues may want to bench him if they have other options.

deansdaddy

Re: Adrien Beltre's hammy

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Good news for Beltre owners:

Beltre diagnosed with mild inflammation: Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre wasn't in the starting lineup for Monday's game against the Yankees, but The Dallas Morning News reports Beltre took batting practice before the game. Manager Ron Washington said a re-evaluation of Beltre showed that he didn't injure his hamstring. Beltre has been diagnosed with mild inflammation in his left leg around his hamstring. An MRI was normal, but Beltre isn't expected to play Monday. Michael Young started at third base on Monday.

Looks like there will be no DL trip and hopefully he will be back on the field before the week is up. I own him on two of my NFBC teams - so I am very happy right now :D

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I thought the Rangers website said he would miss the Yankee series but hopefully be back for the Tampa series next weekend - so on NFBC teams he could be reserved M-TH and activated F-Su

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

Captain Hook wrote:I thought the Rangers website said he would miss the Yankee series but hopefully be back for the Tampa series next weekend - so on NFBC teams he could be reserved M-TH and activated F-Su
That is exactly what I did on my two teams I have him on.

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

I hate not knowing whether he is going to play.....the latest updates now say he took batting practice and while not in the "starting lineup"......could play (maybe) says Manager Ron Washington..............would be an easy lineup swtich because for now Brandon Snyder is slotted in the DH spot.

I switched him back in where I could but :?: