Trade help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Bpak22
Major League Veteran

Trade help

#1 Post by Bpak22 »

I know it's early and I don't want to panick...but...Help! Do I make this trade?

I get Beltran, trade Sherzer.

5x5 mixed deep benches rotisserie league.

Start 3 outfielders....

Current outfield is

Hamilton
Rios
crisp

Bench is Vernon Wells, Jd Martinez, span

Starting staff:

Haren
Carpenter
Leubke
Sherzer
Jamie Garcia
Lilly
Nolasco
Colon
Pomeranz

Sps available on WW are Hochever, McDonald, Wolf

Do I swap Sherzer for Beltran? Thanks for the help!
12 Team, 5x5 standard categories, except k/9 over ks. 1 Catcher, Daily CBS league, NO MI, NO CI, mandatory 4 SP, 2 RP daily, no Util pitcher Spot.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade help

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Are you offering this trade or was it offered to you? And how many teams are in this league? I ask because you have 2 DL'ed pitchers, three that are off to atrocious starts and you want to trade one of them away after the first two weeks for a guy who may be showing life or just may be having a hot start in a new town?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by Bpak22 »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:Are you offering this trade or was it offered to you? And how many teams are in this league? I ask because you have 2 DL'ed pitchers, three that are off to atrocious starts and you want to trade one of them away after the first two weeks for a guy who may be showing life or just may be having a hot start in a new town?
It was offered to me. 12 team league. Carpenter is only DL pitcher. Bottom line is who would I rather have Sherzer and Rios or Beltran and Hochever. I can't decide.
12 Team, 5x5 standard categories, except k/9 over ks. 1 Catcher, Daily CBS league, NO MI, NO CI, mandatory 4 SP, 2 RP daily, no Util pitcher Spot.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Bpak22 wrote:
da_big_kid_94 wrote:Are you offering this trade or was it offered to you? And how many teams are in this league? I ask because you have 2 DL'ed pitchers, three that are off to atrocious starts and you want to trade one of them away after the first two weeks for a guy who may be showing life or just may be having a hot start in a new town?
It was offered to me. 12 team league. Carpenter is only DL pitcher. Bottom line is who would I rather have Sherzer and Rios or Beltran and Hochever. I can't decide.
Lilly's on the DL too. Then I put it to you this way .. a pitcher on a stacked offensive team like Max who has shown ability in the past shouldn't be moved at this point. In a 12 team, I'd look at the waiver wire for Rios' replacement and stand pat with Max.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by Bpak22 »

Thank you

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#6 Post by Black Sox »

Agreed
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Bpak22 wrote:Thank you
De nada ...good luck with your team.

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#8 Post by Bpak22 »

What if I said I could get Bard back in the deal? To recap: Scherzer (and Rios) for Beltran and Bard? Right now I'm filling my remaining two outfield spots with a mixed streaming bag of Crisp, Dave Murphy, Rios, Pagan, Span, Joyce, Fowler, Soriano.

Thoughts? Thanks again for the help.

Todd, any input?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Bpak22 wrote:

What if I said I could get Bard back in the deal? To recap: Scherzer (and Rios) for Beltran and Bard? Right now I'm filling my remaining two outfield spots with a mixed streaming bag of Crisp, Dave Murphy, Rios, Pagan, Span, Joyce, Fowler, Soriano.

Thoughts? Thanks again for the help.

Todd, any input?
Let me ask you a question .... do you really need Zola to weigh in on a trade where throwing in a guy who just came off a 7 walk outing on a team that seems it could qualify for disaster aid is an ENTICEMENT?

deansdaddy

#10 Post by deansdaddy »

Yeah - I don't see the need for this trade either. You say you have JD Martinez on your bench, right? He's swinging a hot stick - so just get him in there til he cools off (and he might not even cool off that much). At 25 Martinez could easily match Beltran's production the rest of the way without the injury concerns and you don't give up on Scherzer. You only have to start three OF - don't panic.

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#11 Post by Bpak22 »

Thank you deansdaddy. I like stability in my lineup which is why I'm trying to get a mainstay, but you're right, no need to panic as far as the outfield goes. I no longer have Martinez, but there are equivalent's out there. It's likely more a matter of if I trust Scherzer, which I dont...but I will stick to your guys' advice and hold tight. I appreciate the help.

Captain Hook

#12 Post by Captain Hook »

I nix that trade also...WHY would you want Rios?

And I would much rather have Bard than Scherrrrrrrrrrrrrzer

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

#13 Post by Bpak22 »

I'd be getting Bard and Beltran.

Captain Hook

#14 Post by Captain Hook »

Then WHY haven't you already hit ACCEPT

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Captain Hook wrote:Then WHY haven't you already hit ACCEPT
OK Perry ...you don't get off that easy. Why? You trade a guy who can put up K's on a team that seems to be overloaded on offense for a guy who's just been converted to a starter on a team that may have something more in common with the titanic besides their respective anniversaries? Unless you believe that they're going to make him the closer for some reason.

Captain Hook

#16 Post by Captain Hook »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:Then WHY haven't you already hit ACCEPT
OK Perry ...you don't get off that easy. Why? You trade a guy who can put up K's on a team that seems to be overloaded on offense for a guy who's just been converted to a starter on a team that may have something more in common with the titanic besides their respective anniversaries? Unless you believe that they're going to make him the closer for some reason.
Well unless you want to wager on the outcome :D I will just say this
Bard could easily strike out as many as Scherzer and plays on a team that could potentially win as many games (if they stop bickering in the playpen). BUT even if you violently disagree with that the difference in stats between Beltran and Rios would MORE than make up for the difference in pitchers IF it was negative.

Rios shouldn't even be playing every day for the White Sox and when they lose enough games or he has any good three game streak that allows the White Sox to trade him won't be

Enough?
(this is NOT in the Platinum Forum)

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Ok you...what have you done with Perry? A ten game sample from the world's oldest 34 year old is enough to make this deal a no brainer, eh? Didn't realize the Gateway Arch doubled as the Fountain of Youth. Why are you ignoring the fact that Bard has started a grand total of two games in his major league career? If they move him back to the pen, wither go his K 's then? And let's not ignore his late season melt down of 2011 either - funny how no one in Red Sox nation dealt with that issue in the off season. And yes, Mr. Bard - we think so much of you as a starter, we went out and got not one but two closers to replace you. So, good luck with your head...wherever it may be at.

It's coming across that the value being put on Beltran is for the first 10 games of the 2012 season and very little else. I don't love Rios ...but my vote for Comeback Player of the Year is far from committed to Beltran yet. You have a J.D. Martinez? Play him and keep Max. Max will get better ... just as sure as I am that Beltran will get worse ....and injured ....and DL'ed.