START problems from a rookie

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

START problems from a rookie

#1 Post by alleyoops »

First time I've used START. I think I'm following the instructions, but here's what's happening, as I enter players for my team:

1. Hitters totals are updated (row 3).
2. Category totals are updated (row 34).
3. Nothing else is updated (pitcher totals, standings, rosters).

This may be because I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc, rather than Excel, although I've found few differences in their function. Has anyone else tried START with OO Calc?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: START problems from a rookie

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

can you zip and e-mail me the program as you have it now?

todd@mastersball.com
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#3 Post by alleyoops »

Quick update - Todd responded immediately last night, and we pinpointed that my problems with START were entirely and specifically due to using OpenOffice Calc instead of Excel. I downloaded Excel just now, and it's working like a champ!

I don't see it documented, but is there a way to preserve the setup when download new projections? I may have just missed it.

Thanks again for your quick response and help, Todd!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

there is an excel trick that we can work you through to do it
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord