NL Only Keeper Advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

NL Only Keeper Advice

#1 Post by daweasle »

Ok same as my AL only - I can keep the best 15 and must let the rest go off to be slaughtered.

Please help me decide which sheep to protect. (This one is harder cause I don't have as strong of a list)

Pretty much for sure:
1 P Yovani Gallardo 7
2 P Matt Cain 8
3 P Craig Kimbrel 7
4 P Joel Hanrahan 1
5 2B Dan Uggla 8
6 OF Matt Holiday 15
7 OF Michael Bourn 7
8 OF Jay Bruce 7
9 OF Chris Young 7
10 3B David Freese 7
11 OF Carlos Beltran 15
12 C wilson ramos 5

Can pick three of these guys:
C Carlos Ruiz 13
1B James Loney 21
SS Willie Bloomquist 10
P Roy Halladay 59
P Joe Saunders 1
P Randy Wolf 2
UT Nyjer Morgan 7

daweasle
Major League Veteran

Re: NL Only Keeper Advice

#2 Post by daweasle »

OK let me re-phrase that - I think this team is really really good 1-12

but my 13-15th players are not cut and dry superstars or super values

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

daweasle wrote:OK let me re-phrase that - I think this team is really really good 1-12

but my 13-15th players are not cut and dry superstars or super values
so then why keep them?

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by daweasle »

OK good point

I guess I always assume you're allowed to keep 15 guys - so keep 15 guys. never really considered the idea of only keeping 12-13 because inflation is massive in this league. everyone has solid value so I would say on average a guy goes for more than twice his mastersball projected value - (and because so many players are on the 135 players kept, and then another approx 18-25 starting pitchers/everyday position players who are kept on farm teams and minor league rosters) there really is no one to bid on at the auction.

so is it better to keep a guy like randy wolf at $2 or carlos ruiz at $13 or go for a total stud like halladay at $59 > knowing i have the best pitcher available at a set price rather than going into the auction with lots of money to spend but also knowing halladay will probably go for $70-75 or more in the auction

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

As in my AL response we really need league parameters