AL ONLY Keeper List

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

AL ONLY Keeper List

#1 Post by daweasle »

I have what I consider a pretty good keeper list, I am posting it below and looking for your inputs.
(This team won 1st place last year) I can keep a max of 15 of the following players so I ranked them in the order I have them right now -

1 3B Jose Bautista 1
2 P James Shields 6
3 P Gavin Floyd 1
4 SS Jhonny Peralta 6
5 OF Jeff Francouer 6
6 C Alex Avila 7
7 OF Carl Crawford 8
8 OF V Wells 7
9 1B Mark Teixeira 15
10 2B Ben Zobrist 15
11 P Jose Valverde 15
12 P Colby Lewis 8
13 P Kyle Farnsworth 24
14 P Brian Fuentes 21
15 OF Mike Brantley 7

And here's the list of guys I could keep but I don't think they make the list by a hair -
OF Luke Scott 9
P Freddy Garcia 15
P Francisco Liriano 15
P Jake Peavy 15
P Bruce Chen 10

AllstonRockCity

Re: AL ONLY Keeper List

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Unless an official announcement is made before Freeze Day, there is no way I keep Fuentes at 21.

Since you have them ranked in order, I would suggest moving Brantley up quite a few spots, he makes for a great keeper this year.

I might, maybe, keep Scott over Wells. Scott's only competition for P.T. is his shoulder, Wells is competing against other people with equal to great talent than his. And really, they are pretty much the same guy at this point 240-270 hitters who'll give you 20-25 HRs. It all boils down to how much those $2 are worth to you.

I would also consider throwing Lewis back. Unless pitching is really scarce and/or overpriced in your league, I imagine you can get him at the same salary or less.

Nice List!

Captain Hook

Re: AL ONLY Keeper List

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Good keeper list but agree on moving Brantley way up - and moving Vernon Wells way down.

Don't keep Fuentes - especially at that price